Need advice abbout EPO whilst taking anti-biotic...

hopefuljaners

Cautiously pg with no.3!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I would just really like a bit of advice if anyone can help... Bit of background first, i had been having alot of menstrual type cramps for the last 2 weeks, lower back pain, loose stools - the wworks and on sunday i had what i thought were two real contractions within an hour, as they were completely different from any braxton hicks/tightenings that i had already. So I went to the fetal assessment unit to get checked over andd basically I was told it was just strong braxton hicks and that I had a bit of proteiin in my urine, so they said they would send the sample off to the lab and took my phone number and said they would 100% ring me if there was anything found in the urine and if they didnt ring me that it meant everything was ok.

So i never heardd from them and thought everything was fine. So i went yesterday to my routine 35/36 week MW appointment and mentioned what they said at the hospital, she asked for a new urine sample as normal and said its full of protein today and asked if they rang me back. I told her they didnt so she rang the lab at the hospital herself and surprise surprise they said there was a "mixed growth" in the sample they got on sunday so my MW put it down to a kidney infection and got the doc to prescribe amoxicillen (sp?) for me to take for the next 5 days.

So my quuestions are really regarding the Kidney infection - what if the anti-biotics don't clear the infection up - or what if they do but it comes back? Is this dangerous? And, I wanted to start taking EPO today but I was wondering if they are ok to take whilst on anti-biotic or whilst the kidney infection is still present?

I would be so glad if annyone has any advice they can give me on this :flower:

Sorry for the long post btw lol so thankyou if you got this far!:thumbup:

Evening Primrose Oil isn't contra-indicated with anti-biotic usage, when both are taken orally (from what I can remember from training).

There are lots of studies involving skin conditions needing anti-biotics and how EPO capsules help and also how it can help when taken if you are prone to kidney stones as it reduces the calcium build up (it was recommended to my uncle who suffers very badly.)

I would avoid using it down below until you are clear of water infection - to prevent further infection or discomfort.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->