need advice about investigations

linzi1

Reaction score
Hi all, just wont to start by saying my luv is with you all.

i'v had 3 m/c and got referred to saint marys in manchester who said i would start in september,

i feel this is wrong i'm only 25 and not really tried anything else, all bloods have come back fine, i ovulate, progestrion fine, lap and dye was clear, i'm just really confused,
i finally got to spoke to my gp today after spending nearly 3 hours on phone trying to get through to clinic, and explainning to receptionist way i needed to talk to him. i asked about clomid or other meds that could help me befor we go down the ivf route and he said, we could it i'll referr you back to your gyne. i dont think he has a clue what to do, well hes told as much.

I have to ring him in if i havent heard anything in 2 months, 2 peep'n months, i so mad, all i seem to do is fight for someone to help me.:dohh:

is there anyone in the same boat or has any info, i really need to hear somthing ,from anyone who can give advise.

xxxxx

Hey hunny i am 24 25 this month and have been through the same thing as you. if you conceive ok you wont get clomid or Ivf as these are for couples who have issues ttc.

I have had 6 miscarriages now and again eir is nothing wrong with me or the oh my consultant has just told me it is bad luck.

I am now part of a trial run by professor Siobhan Quenby at Birmingham heartlands. She is currently running two trials one is on unk cells and progesterone. If you do a google it will bring up more information. You sound ideal for her trial and you can get refferd to her via your Gp.

If you want some more information please feel free to Pm me

Yep I'm pretty much in the same boat, however I had my first appointment at St Marys 2 days and they are doing more tests, we have to wait 10 weeks for the results!!

Good luck, I know exactly how your feeling, I'm sick to death of waiting around too!xxx

:wacko: Thanks to the both of you, its good to here from people who know what i'm talking about.

LAWA, i'll look into that , thanks, the only thing is we have been accepted for ivf, i can ring up next month but would like to see if i have any other options first.

SASSY, what ever you do make sure you are on the ball with st mary's, i was told to ring up in 2 weeks after my tets, after constantly ring i was being told ' we wont tell you anything over the phone, we'l ring if you if theres any problems, 13 weeks later i was told the same. i then recieved a letter saying i could start ivf, when i rung i was told things must be ok if you have had a letter.'
this letter was written 11 weeks after the appointment, my doctor is now sending the second letter to them requesting a break down of the results :growlmad: which i hope will come soon.

Sassy have you had any immunity testing other than at st marys

The book 'is your body baby friendly' which I'm reading atm suggests that immune system problems can cause mcs. esp in women where everything else seems 'normal'. May be worth a read x

https://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/uploaded-files/PICouplesWithRecurrentMiscarriages2004.pdf

Hi there - just posted this on another thread - this is the rcog guidlines ( patient info ) for investigation in to recurrent mc - the miscarriage association also have a good leaflet online on recurrent mc.

They may also be able to advise you as to what you should expect from your care and your rights.

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->