Need Advice and encouragement for a Natural Birth

Thanks sweetie :hugs:
I will def. be asking about that bc i agree with you 100%.
Will let you know what goes on when i get back in the AM.

I came back to this thread to see if any babies have been born! I can't wait to read your birth story Guppy and vespersonicca (I think you're the only 2 due very soon!) :)

Here is mine if you're interested...

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...baby-kiras-natural-birth-aug-14th-2009-a.html

I was 10 days late... just remember the baby will come when he or she is ready!

Well I'm now 5 days past due date. I still have ample time until I would need to argue about induction, thankfully. Woke up feeling particularly grumpy today. Maybe it's a sign? I've had some cramping too but nothing consistent in any way at all. Grr!

Good luck with your appointment guppy! I have my next one on Monday. It's so routine though. They check urine, weight, measurements, heart beat, etc. Not internal exam to check progress which would really interest me! (unless of course they said NO progress!)

I hope your appointment went okay Guppy!

Vespersonicca- hmmm.. might be a sign! The day I went into labor I remember being really thirsty.

Appt. went well...had a little of an emotional moment when we talked of induction. But she is willing to work with me (just not too much longer than she intended). Anyways, i have a feeling that i'll go into labor before needing to be induced, but it still scares me.

I have to get an AFI done on Monday then an ultra-sound to see how the baby is holding up. I have an appt. next Friday. I have a feeling they will send me off for an induction but we are gonna try to wait until the following Tuesday (sept. 7th) for the induction if they dont make us go.

anyways, i have made progress :dance: im almost 50% effaced (up from 0% 3 weeks ago), im almost 2CMs dilated (up from .5-1CM dilated 3 weeks ago), cervix is soft (its been since 36 weeks tho :wacko:) and baby is stationed at -1 :dance: (he was only at -3 a couple weeks ago, so that rocks!.

woohoo!!! It's great knowing your body is preparing for birth! It sounds like your appointment went well- and if baby isn't here by next Friday, I bet if everything is okay, they really will let you wait till the week after. What doctor wants to hang out at the hospital late Friday night, LOL!

I started contracting at 4pm this afternoon and they're down to 3-4 min apart! My water went at 1145pm. The midwife at the hospital says there's no line for the tub so I'm pretty excited. :) I'll stay at home as long as I can cope still...

vespersonicca- I am sooooo happy for you :happydance: I will be thinking of you all night I'm sure!!!! I'm really looking forward to hearing how everything goes :hugs:

YAy! :happydance: im so excited for you!!!! :happydance:

I walked around the the mall for a couple hours. Prior to that i got an adjustment at the chiropractor...neither helped...except give me swollen feet :wacko:

reading this thread as given me load's of confidence in a natural birth :)

Im still here :hissy: 1 week overdue as of midnight :wacko:
AFI and ultra-sound tomorrow. Im refusing the induction until they give me medical reasons! On the bright side, i'll be able to see my LO :cloud9: havn't seen him since 20 weeks. Just pray that everything is fine and well so i dont have to be induced! :dust:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you won't make it to your ultrasound appointment, and will be welcoming a little guppy instead.

Guppy- drink lots of water to help keep your fluid levels high! If all the tests show that your LO is doing fine then there is no need for an induction! Keep us updated!

Vespersonicca- I can't wait to hear about your baby!!

Just wanted to add that when I had both my kids, who are now 11 and 15, they induced me. With the 11 yr old I had no movement from the baby, so I went to the hospital. They did a non-stress test and biophysical profile. They found calcium on the placenta and decided to induce.

Long story short, I was induced with both of them and had them both naturally. Thinking back on it, I really didn't NEED to be induced with my daughter, but with my son I really felt it was necessary. Regardless, if for some unforseen reason you need to be induced, you CAN still give birth naturally........so please don't get upset/stressed worrying about it.

hi girls! :wave: i think i forgot to update everyone :dohh:

Well, monday was my appointment. The ultra-sound went well. Baby was super active, amniotic levels were perfect, the umbelical cord and placenta are also in great shape :thumbup: Then i had another test done where they put two straps on my belly and monitor the babys HB while i push a button when he moved (i forget the name of the test :dohh:) Anyways, i "passed" with flying colors! :dance: baby did excellent and he was so VERY active!!! Which im not surprised about bc if they would have based my due date off of ovulation, i would have only been about 3 days overdue. :wacko: So everything is fine and dandy (for now). Our weekly appt. is on Friday. Not sure where we are going from there. Does anyone know how far dilated you have to be for them to break your waters?

Asher Anselmi was born on Aug. 28th at 545am, weighing 4090g (9lb) and 52cm long (20.5in). He's the most precious thing in the world. Still haven't written out birth story but the short of it:

31hrs laboring with acupuncture, reflexology, heat packs, tub, and a bit of gas and air. Only got to 4cm and had lost water over 24hrs earlier so they had to start oxytocin. I was exhausted with 2 days without sleep and completely broke down. Had to take epidural just so I could rest enough to be able to push. Still needed to be cut which tore even more and we needed a suction cup. I also tore inside and was in surgury for an hour. Not exactly as planned but I'm so pleased with how long I coped without pain meds. Gee, wasn't too short was it? More later...

Congratulations hun!
Sounds you like you did a wonderful job!
btw, love the profile piccy :cloud9:

Guppy - I keep on expecting you to be in labor! Although I imagine you're probably more anxious than I am ;) .

Vespersonicca, congratulations! I love the name Asher, a character in one of my favorite books is Asher.

Vespersonicca- Congrats!!!!! You are such a strong person to be in labor for soooo long! I hope you are healing quickly. You deserve some chocolate and a foot massage :thumbup:

Vespersonicca- Congrats!!!!! You are such a strong person to be in labor for soooo long! I hope you are healing quickly. You deserve some chocolate and a foot massage :thumbup:

I agree! Beginning to heal up pretty well.

That book wouldn't happen to be from the Anita Blake series would it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->