Need Advice and encouragement for a Natural Birth

hey ladies, just wanted to let you know my water broke around 4AM!!!!! :wohoo:
Contractions are about 5 minutes apart. Hopefully things get moving! Either way Isaiah will be here by this time tomorrow!!!! :cloud9:

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you :hugs: I just got home from work and the first thing I did was see if you were in labor yet :happydance:

Fantastic news Guppy! Don't forget: "if your jaw is relaxed, then your pelvis is relaxed"!! Will be logging on first thing in the morning to check for updates!! xxxx

hey girls. Contractions are now about 2 minutes apart. Breathing through them more but still working with them. I can't believe the strength the Lord has bestowed upon me...

Woo hoo! Keep up the fantastic work! It's an amazing, empowering feeling, isn't it!! xxxxx

Congrats! I was 11 days overdue, and my water broke around 4am too :) Hope your little one is here by now :) .

Thanks everyone!
I have a minute so i thought i would let you know that my little man arrived today (Sept. 4th, 2010) after being 11 days overdue (well i guess technically he would be 12 days overdue, but i just counted from when i went into labor). He was born via waterbirth after 29.5 hours of an un-medicated labor. The toughest part was being dead tired, but i feel so empowered by the entire experience. Very thankful because our birth plan was followed to a T! :dance: I started pushing around 6:30 AM and he finally arrived at 9:17AM. The docs said he has the best cone head they have ever seen :D but that worked in my favor as i have no tearing (just some super small cuts but nothing really noticable). He weighs 7 pounds & 10 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. He has a FULL head of black hair and we are so in in love with him. I can't believe our sweet baby is finally here :cloud9:

Guppy- you are amazing! You and your DH should be so proud of yourselves! You truly can do anything in life now after having a 29.5 hour drug free labor!
Same with your DH- I know it changes them too. It's wonderful you were able to follow your birthplan :happydance:

I would love to read your birth story when you have the chance to write it one day.

Rest when you can, even though I'm sure you would rather be watching your LO. :hugs:

Congratulations Guppy! Welcome to the world little Isiah!! x

Its totally possible...I had both of mine at home in the pool with a little bit of gas and air for the second and quite a bit for the first! The gas and air became more about holding the mouth peice to be honest though rather than the pain relief.

I used visulisation techniques and the water really helped but whatever you have learnt in your classes is sure to help!

Good luck

I fear that if I have to be induced that I wont be able to cope with a natural birth as far as pain relief is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->