Need advice asap! Freaking out.....

Just like everybody else says I think it sounds like your pregnant!

Your more fertile once your baby is born hence the reason they tell you to wait 6 weeks to have sex but also to heal. Then they work out contraception with you.

Bf is not birth control they say it can help but its not 100%

Get tested for your own sanity x

Sorry I think your in denial I'm just reading your responses! X

jinglebear hon, maybe it means you can ovulate from 3 weeks of birth which would mean sex from before that could fertilize the egg? Not sure but NHS choices does say to use contraception from the very first time you have sex unless you want another baby - so the wording clearly needs rethinking.

Nobody thinks you're stupid I think we are all just appalled mainly that your Health Visitor has mis-advised you so badly.

Anyway hon, get to your doctors and see whether he will do a blood test for you - the levels on that may be more accurate to determine whether you are pregnant or if it's residual hormones. If you get a positive, then you can start planning what to do - I'm sure that although not ideal to you now, you will do just great if you do in fact have another little one coming x

Yep, entirely possible to be pregnant so soon, you can ovulate just a few weeks after delivery so any sperm from sex could've still been in there to fertilize egg if you DTD just a few weeks after birth. Actually, where I live there are a lot of amish and menonite communities who believe in having sex right away to get pregnant right away since they want such large families.

I am sure you are freaking out, I would be too so soon after just having a baby! Try and keep calm though if you can and retest in a few days. See is you can get a blood test too, that would be more accurate.

I was told by my doctor that I couldn't get pregnant 21 days after birth! Luckily we used contraception but I wasn't even bf. I told him he was wrong though. It sounds like your pregnant to me congratulations x

You are less likely to fall pregnant yes but not completely protected!
I'd say you are pregnant.

xo

https://www.patient.co.uk/health/contraception-after-having-a-baby

this says the same thing, so hw can i have a positive test? we dtd before 21 days had passed x

The problem with that is sperm can live up to 7 days in the uterus. So if say you release an egg on day 22 (the day it claims you can become pregnant) the egg could be fertilised by a sperm that's been hanging around from day 15.

I was advised in hospital that contraception was a must from day 1 even though I was EBF. The NHS choices website says the same thing. I think it's pretty terrible that you were given risky advice from health professionals and NHS leaflets.

I think all the above advice is spot on. There is no fast rules to say when you will or won't fall pregnant, every woman's body is different. I think it sounds as though you are pregnant!! Congrats :) I had a shock pregnancy second time round but now he's here I could not be happier xx

wow! Congratulations! Will be a lovely age gap!!

How feint was it? At 5 + weeks pregnant, I would have thought you would have a stronger positive. Have you stopped bleeding PP?

thanks for all ur responses ladies...i didnt mean to say tht you ladies were calling me stupid, i meant to say tht u would think i would know better. "sigh" i stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago now and the test she did today was fainter than the control line, but there was no doubting it was there. infact it looked like when i tested with my second. oh dear....il test tomrw as she gave me another pregnancy test. i am just worried really as im dead set against abortion but obv didnt plan to have another bubba this soon. what a complete clown iv been. im annoyed i even read that sodding leaflet in the first place because i would have used contraception otherwise as i didnt know any different. feeling rather stupid :( i honestly cant begin to contemplate having three children under the age of three....the thought makes me feel ill :( xx

Can you get one of those digital tests that tell you how far along you are?

It must be pretty scary, but of you are then i'm sure it won't take long to get your head around it... Just think of how close your brood will be :) I have 3 friends who gave a year between each of them (they were 17, 18 and 19 back when I first met them) and they were like best friends to each other :) (forgot to mention they are siblings, not just 3 random people who have those age gaps :L )

Il admit it hun we dtd unprotected the first few times so your not the only one hun. It is possible as there is a 10 month age gap between my two older brothers haha. However my mum says it was alot easier than she ever imagined and keeps telling me have another one soon.

I'd test again in a few days and see from there. If there's still a line then go your docs and ask for a blood test. Good luck for however it turns out and what you decide.

I have a friend who had her second 10 months after her first was a shock as wasn't planned but they are in the same school year which makes life a lot easier apparently (not there yet so got no personal experience!) logistically speaking! I don't remember that leaflet myself but sounds like the wording is terrible! Good luck and keep us updated!

Breast feeding is a useful contraception but even so, I wouldn't rely on it! xx

You're not meant to start contraception until week 3? In the hospital I gave birth, there is a nurse who gives you contraception before you leave the hospital if you want it... I had the arm implant inserted right before I left, two days after birth, lol xx

No method of contraception is 100% reliable, including bfing. Breastfeeding is a "reasonably reliable" form of contraception but you need to be feeding round the clock so bottles (even of ebm) might cause your fertility to return.

I was talking to a midwife who knows of people getting pregnant straight after giving birth and having 9 months between children. Yes they dtd in hospital.

Holy crap!

Anyways OP, I hope you get the answer you are looking for, I don't blame you at all for being upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->