Need advice ASAP

TandB

Reaction score
Okay so I just had my babygirl 2 and 1/2 months ago and I'm ebf..last night me and my husband got carried away and had unprotected sex... He did pull out but I kno that there is still a chance of pregnancy..although I'm not ready for a third child if I were to be pregnant I would keep it...my question is what's the likely hood of me being pregnant and how would I know bc I still haven't had a period since she was born? Thanks

Hi T, Congrats on your little girl :)

My DH and I did the pull out method for years prior to trying to have a baby. We both hate the BCP and condoms. I got my period back at 6weeks pp and have been regular ever since. We dtd last night too and I am in my fertility window but I know that I won't fall pregnant, and my DH also has a massive sperm count (720 million each time) and the pull out method has been fine for us.

yeah, it could happen, sure. but the chances are really slim.

and i'd say, as far as being able to tell if you were pregnant when there's no period to "miss", you'd just have to wait for the usual pregnancy symptoms. if you feel especially fatigued or nauseous in a few weeks, take a test. but BFing is probably causing you not to ovulate.

Chances are low, but you could ovulate at anytime. You'd know, the same way you'd know if you weren't breastfeeding.

Everyone is different regarding restarting cycles after having a baby and breastfeeding, so you never know until your cycles start and become regulated when your fertile window is.

As far as finding out if you were pregnant, think of it like if you were TRYING to conceive.

If you coincidentally ovulated the same day you had sex then 9 days later is probably the earliest you might get a positive hpt. For the latest a test might tell you, as long as you don't have another risky encounter, sperm can last AT MOST 7 days before ovulation (although not likely), then another 2 weeks for fertilization, traveling down the tubes and implantation and then another week or so for the test to pick up the hormone so it could be about a month after sex.

So if in a month you have a negative hpt, unless you are one of the very few who don't get positives when they are pregnant, then you are safe.

My oh and I hated condoms and I hated the hormones in birth control pills and such, so we used a spermicide gel insert (about the same price as condoms, no hormones, same reliability as condoms, but can be messy) and they worked for 8 yeasr until we were ttc.

Thank you all!! U ha e been very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->