Need advice & extending luteal phase? TMI

vs011

Reaction score
I'm currently in the 2ww. I use clearblue fertility monitor and got a peak egg on 8/15, followed by a peak next day (I think it's automatic on the machine), then a high on 8/17, after which I stopped testing to save sticks.

Assuming I ovulated on 8/16, today 8/26 is 10dpo. On 9dpo, I got some thin semi clear EWCM with a tinge of pink. It was a good sign, but this morning when I wiped I saw EWCM but red so I believe I may get my period soon since red EWCM is never a good sign right? I don't think that's implantation bleeding. Or could there be a chance it is at this point, 10dpo?

I'm also worried if my period or spotting begins soon, I will be having a short luteal phase. Does anyone take any over the counter tablets to prolong luteal phase? I've heard of taking B6 to increase luteal phase but when should it be taken?

It could be implantation... but if it’s your period B supplements help. I used to take a B-complex supplement and it extended my luteal phase to 15/16 days.

This past month I ate much more seafood and shellfish (which are high in B vitamins) than I usually do, and my luteal phase was a full 14 days rather than the normal 12.5/13 I usually have, so even diet changes may help.

It could be implantation... but if it’s your period B supplements help. I used to take a B-complex supplement and it extended my luteal phase to 15/16 days.

This past month I ate much more seafood and shellfish (which are high in B vitamins) than I usually do, and my luteal phase was a full 14 days rather than the normal 12.5/13 I usually have, so even diet changes may help.

Thanks Tea. This may be exactly what I need! At what time in your cycle did you take b supplements or eat the seafood?

Thanks Tea. This may be exactly what I need! At what time in your cycle did you take b supplements or eat the seafood?

I took B-complex as as a daily vitamin for a while. I think at the time my luteal phase was only 11 days before taking it. I was also a vegetarian, and maybe that’s why it was so short before the supplements? Not sure. I eat meat now and don’t take B-complex anymore, just prenatals.

I was on holiday at the Italian and Croatian coasts for most of my cycle so I was eating clams, mussels, and shrimp almost daily for most of the month.

I hope supplements or diet changes help you extend yours too!

I took B-complex as as a daily vitamin for a while. I think at the time my luteal phase was only 11 days before taking it. I was also a vegetarian, and maybe that’s why it was so short before the supplements? Not sure. I eat meat now and don’t take B-complex anymore, just prenatals.

I was on holiday at the Italian and Croatian coasts for most of my cycle so I was eating clams, mussels, and shrimp almost daily for most of the month.

I hope supplements or diet changes help you extend yours too!

thanks Tea! I am also vegetarian but never had short luteal phase (usually have been around 12-13 days up until a few months ago). I'll add more B into my diet and see how it goes. Do you know how long it takes to see the change (rise in luteal phase length) if adding in more B complex? Can one see a change in their next cycle?

I don’t really remember but I think I saw it the first cycle that I took the supplements. I don’t think it took long though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->