need advice for sch

NerdyMama

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I was trying to find enough info on the internet and here on subchorionic hemorrhage which I was diagnosed with two days ago after a substantial bleed.i know they can resolve and there have been many healthy babies born but I need to know the things:
1. It is between the placenta and the wall, does this make it more precarious or the same as any sch?
2. Do I need to be on bed rest or not?
3. Sex ok or not? If not, orgasms ok or not?
K, it's out there...i have an appointment soon, but in the meantime the ER didn't give me any tips other than light physical activity (what does that even mean?)
Thank you soooo much!

Hey ladies,
I was trying to find enough info on the internet and here on subchorionic hemorrhage which I was diagnosed with two days ago after a substantial bleed.i know they can resolve and there have been many healthy babies born but I need to know the things:
1. It is between the placenta and the wall, does this make it more precarious or the same as any sch?
2. Do I need to be on bed rest or not?
3. Sex ok or not? If not, orgasms ok or not?
K, it's out there...i have an appointment soon, but in the meantime the ER didn't give me any tips other than light physical activity (what does that even mean?)
Thank you soooo much!

Hi NerdyMama!
Step away from Google! Lol! You will find conflicting info and it most likely will not give you any peace of mind! I am no expert, but I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma after I had ongoing brown spotting starting at around 5 weeks, so I will share with you what I know.

1. The subchorionic hemorrhage collects between the uterine wall and the placenta. What exactly causes this is still unknown. However, subchorionic hematomas are the most common sonographic abnormality in pregnant women! The outcome of the SCH/hematoma may be related to its size, maternal age, as well as gestational age, but if small, then there is no increased risk.

2. I doubt you need full on bed rest. Instead, you probably need pelvic rest. When I was diagnosed with a SCH, I was told to stop aerobic exercise and sex, but I was not told to be on bed rest (though forbidding me from exercise felt like being on bed rest, if you know what I mean). Definitely ask about this at your appointment!

3. I'd say no sex. No orgasm. While sex can't cause a miscarriage, it might cause bleeding which may cause more stress! Also, if you're like me, you'll get cramps post-orgasm, which probably isn't helpful as it's the uterus contracting. But again, ask at your appointment!

Keep in mind this is a very common issue with pregnant women! No one ever tells you that something like 25% of women experience bleeding during pregnancy. We automatically assume the worst. What you have is fairly common and rest can promote healing. Think of this tear and bleed like a gash on your finger. If you move it around while it is in an early healing phase, it is quite vulnerable to bleed again! But if you bandage it, let it rest, then it heals nicely! It is worth abstaining from pleasurable things, such as sex, orgasm, and exercise, if it helps promote healing and a healthy pregnancy! And from what I read, most of these SCH/hemorrhages resolve by 12 -20 weeks if properly cared for (meaning REST!).

Good luck and keep us posted! Hugs. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->