Need advice. My son will NOT take a bottle.

kung_pao mama

Reaction score
Okay, so my baby is nearly 4 months old and EBF. I've been back at work for just over a month and my husband is having such a hard time caring for our son in the evenings. He just can not get him to eat from a bottle. Some nights are better than others, but from what he tells me, tonight was the worst so far. I left for work at 4:30, nursing him right before i left. By the time i got home at 10:00, he had only eaten 1 oz and cried himself to sleep. My heart is breaking :cry:

He takes a bottle fine when he stays with my parents or in laws during the day, but in the evening it just won't do. My husband is getting so discouraged.

He has tried several different bottles. I've tried bottlefeeding him at night myself. He's tried holding him in different positions. We are just not sure what else to do. I'm trying to break the habit of nursing him to sleep. but it's so difficult to keep trying to shove a bottle at your baby and hear them cry, knowing all they want is to nurse. I just can't do it without crying myself... Help.

Maybe have your husband hold him on his chest like he's nursing him and have a shirt or something that you've worn on him to get your scent.

He's tried holding him that way, but never with one of my shirts. That's a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->