Need advice on baby clothes

D

DragoPanda

Hi :baby:

I am ordering some stuff online for baby and getting all frazzled about it. It's just the start of my shopping for him. I'm a first time mom and feel like i don't know what i'm doing, even though I read stuff online 24/7 i still feel this way. I also don't know if im spending too much or not so I need to get some opinions. Here is what I ordered basically.
(my baby is due June which is winter time where in south africa, but after 2 mths it will start warming up slowly)
1. 4 prs of mittens (i read they get lost easily and ppl recommended gettn a few prs?)
2. 4 pairs of warm booties (he already has 1 pr i bought a while ago)
3. one baby carrier with an additional infant insert to keep his head place
4. 5 sleepers/all-in-ones. 4 of these are aged 0-6 mths, 1 is 6-9 mths
5. 3 onesies (these have no legs, 1 is long sleeved, 2 are short sleeved) is aged 0-3, 2 are aged 3-6 mths.
6. 4 prs of leggings aged 0-12 mths. (they were cheap and had cute designs on the butt)
Altogether (plus shipping costs for some articles) it costs $172. Is this reasonable for all this?

PS. I havent placed the order yet or paid.. just want some feedback before i make it final.

We have a newborn size here which is slightly smaller than 0-3 maybe get a packet of all in ones in newborn

We have a newborn size here which is slightly smaller than 0-3 maybe get a packet of all in ones in newborn

i don't really understand your response. these things were ordered from a site from various retailers. these things are not sold in packs. u click on items u want and make a list and add it to a shopping cart and go to another retailer and do the same ... each separate item of clothing has a code etc that u select from a drop down menu...

Over here you can order things in packs (ie a pack of 3 sleepsuits).
I would go for 6 sleepsuits and vests in each size, over here that would be newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months etc. I'm not sure what the sizing is like where you are?
It sounds like you've got the right amount of mittens and booties. With outfits, I'd just get as many as you want as they're in sleepsuits most of the time in the beginning.
The baby carrier is definately a good idea :)
Don't for get to get some hats, about 2-3 should do it.
Hope that helps a bit xx

ok, i will get the vests in packs when i get back to my home country. i have bibs already, and one winter hat. i will buy maybe 2 more baby beanies and hats for when its hot as well.
yeah i don't know about packs, this website is actually in Korean and not English so it takes me a long time to go through it and if there are packs available i wud have easily missed it. thats not the main thing i'm worried about though. just whether im on the right track with what i got and the total pricing of what im about to buy...

Hmm I'm trying to do the currency conversion..... It does look a bit much but it's really hard to say as slings are expensive and it's tricky with clothes- some are cheap and others are quite expensive depending on the make and quality.
Personally, I spend less on the baby clothes but have a few nice outfits and then spend more once they're older and grow a bit slower... Thats just me though!
Sorry I can't be more help xx

as a rule of thumb for each of mine and this is my 4th i am just making sure i have 10 babygros and envelope bodsuit vests in each age range for sleeping in, other than that I would wait and see what gifts you get when baby arrives and then add to clothing but the babygros and vests will cover you for all basic needs, obviously you will need pram blankets moses basket/cot bedding nursery thermometer baby bath booties mitts baby cardis and shawls etc enjoy shopping xx

I think the price sounds reasonable. I'd get some more onesies (vests?) at least 6 total. Babies spit up and diapers leak so you want enough changes that you won't have to do laundry every day!

From what I've read on here, it's mot often recommended to have at least enough onesies for a full week in case you aren't able to do laundry for a while, and babies go through multiple onesies per day, 2-3 from what I've seen. I think about 12 was the recommended number I've seen. They sell them in packs here at Walmart too with 3-6 in each pack for I think $10 or less.

Hi! If you go to the website parents conect and go to pregnancy then week by week.... click on week 23 and at the bottom it has a link of all the baby clothes you will need. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->