Need advice on twin buggies

jadesh101

Keira&Seren
Reaction score
When I have my second baby in November my daughter will be 2.

I was going to buy a Tandem buggy, but was told by a friend they are too heavy and clumpy to use, and I really don't like the side by side double ones.

What would you advise or suggest :shrug: :)

Havent got much advice as Ive only used 2, one being side by side and the other tandem (one in front one behind, I think thats right).

I would say that the tandem one was heavier but I did prefer it. The one that was side by side just seemed so awkward, there was lots of places I couldnt get in, it took up the whole pavement and it just seemed to be in the way wherever we went. Personally I would prefer to push the little extra weight :flower:

We have a mountian buggy. I was dead against a side by side but all the reviews I read online seemed to suggest they were more popular with people. To be honet it is only slightly wider than a normal buggy. There are a few shops we can't get in but only the really small ones that would probably be akward with a tandem too. I love the Mountain Buggy as it is really light and easy to steer, also it has the carrycot option for the newborn which I really wanted. Here is a photo of my two in it. Abigail is only 17 months so will be needing a buggy for a while yet. We got it second hand for £150. They are super-expensive new.

Attachments

• tn_pushchair.jpg
    tn_pushchair.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 58
We have got the first wheels city twin. It is of course wider than a normal pushchair, but not by as much as you think.
Ours was second hand as cost £160 including two seats & a carrycot.

There are days when I do wish I had gone for a tandem like the icandy or the city select. But they are mostly days when I am in town and everyone is being rude!

Amelia is nearly 26 months and I really wouldn't want to be without my pushchair. The only way we do it is with a single for Amelia & Tristan in his wrap or for short journeys Tristan in pushchair/wrap & Amelia walking.

When deciding what we should do I thought of these things -

How hard away we live from shops/city centre.
How Amelia would cope walking up any large hills.
What the local bus service is like.
What Amelia is like generally.

We live over two miles away from the city, and I know she would not be able to walk there, walk around town and back (up a very steep hill)

Tomorrow I will be going for a two mile walk with Amelia walking & Tristan in his wrap if the weather is nice and I am expecting many tantrums :dohh:

xXx

We have a Phil and teds sport. I love it and a plus for me was that it can be used as a single pushchair as well. Perfect for newborn n toddler, although unless you've a small baby they won't fit in carrycot till 6 months. I never found this a problem though as riley preferred to sit up from about 4.5mobths anyway.

It's heavy, but I guess any pushxhair is going to b heavy with 2 kids in. Love mine tho, wasn't sure on them beforehand but after having a play with one I liked it and much cheaper than icandy quiche I originally wanted.

The Phil and Teds is probably the most compact tandem you can get. I have a city select but it's heavy, gorgeous though!! I'd see if you can get away with a baby carrier and then a buggy board perhaps. I've just bought a quinny zapp xtra because i've been having the baby in the carrier so much and it's silly using a big heavy pram when I don't need to. The zapp is absolutely fantastic! I love it, possibly more than my double now hehe. xx

Well let me know when you sell your BJCS ;)

I have the iCandy Peach. It is a bit heavy, but not to push, and our local shop has the tiniest aisles in the world, so I'd never get a side by side through (although obvo tempted by the Bugaboo donkey). Imogen can't walk for any distance, or in the direction we want her to, so she has to be strapped into something or on my back when we go out. I do sometimes use the carrier and our smaller pushchair, but I don't really like it.

i was dead against side by sides and got a Jane powertwin. it was so long and heavy that i found it really difficult to steer. I also found that with tandems you always compromise on space. i was told to look at the easywalker duo which is very similar to the mountain buggy someone has already posted about. i to had the carrycot on one side and it was fantastic. when you research doubles look at the width. the easywalker is only 75cm wide which is the width of a standard doorway. i have no problems in town/on buses/on pavements etc.

the mothercare double vesta is a whole 86cm wide which is horrendous!!!

We live right near our town and have been thinking about getting a double buggy, DD will be 28 months when the new baby arrives and she has only just started to walk.

We like one of the Graco or Chicco tandems, if I was to get a side by side she'd end up hitting her little brother or sister :lol:

But seeings as she's now preferring to walk everywhere we might just get a new buggy with a buggy board, still undecided but I know we won't be going for a Phil and Ted because there's a huge curb to get into our house and daren't risk bashing the baby :lol:

It is hard to know what to do for best, but we're holding off looking into prams until September/October time to see how much DD will walk. There are some lovely double's out there now though, I do like browsing to see which would be suitable :lol:

Thanks ladies just going to google them all and get back to you mwah mwah xx

I was dead against having a double before Ela was born as Ffion walks everywhere.

I bought another carrier and a buggy board. The buggy board was just a novelty after a couple of trips she refused to use it. It was getting harder and harder to get anywhere.

Anyway i bought a maclaren twin techno. Its not that much wider than a normal pushchair. Ffion's willing to use it because she see's Ela in it.

If i was to buy a tandem though it would be the icandy one as you can use it a single too.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->