Need Advice

simple

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I just started Fertilitea a couple of days ago..... and I was just thinking Should I stop drinking coffee while TTC, it never occurred to me before but I'm now wondering if I should stop.. I usually drink a big cup in the morning and that's it for the day but I do drink coca cola alot during the day...

I think you will probably get mixed reactions here. Although they do say caffeine can affect fertility, I think most women try to live their life as normal as possible while TTC.

I gave up coffee for a couple cycles, but after getting nothing but BFN I realized I need to just live my life and have my coffee in the AM.

If I were you I would cut out the soda (mostly because it's so bad for you health wise) and enjoy your one cup of coffee a day.

ok thanks for the info... I think I will give up the coca cola as I really do overdo it with that... and as for the coffee I will try and stop for one cycle and see how it goes.

I asked something about this a little while ago. I even googled it in the end, and most things I read said it should be ok to still have caffeine. I have around 3-4 cups of instant a day, so a lot more than you. I'm still trying to decide whether I should give it up, however, I'm a monster without it :haha: As beachyfeelin said, I still want to be 'normal' while TTC, just without alcohol. If I still get a BFN for the next few cycles then I'll stop I think. xox Hope you get your BFP soon xox

Thanks for the info.. I think I'm going to cut down on it... I didn't drink any coca cola yesterday and no coffee today!! ... I'm sooooo trying right now I don't want to hurt my chances.. Two years and four months has gotten tougher and tougher on each cycle.. beginning to feel so empty and depressed..

If it helps, when I did give up coffee I was still drinking decaf...I think that made a huge difference because for me it's more of the habit of drinking it every morning. It was just part of my routine. I was basically trying to trick my brain into thinking since I was still going through the motions, that I was still drinking my normal cup of coffee every day.

I also got in the habit of drinking a cup of decaf green tea at work in the morning, which is good for you anyway!

My pregnant cousin said that her Dr. mentioned it's ok to drink one cup of coffee every once in a while even while pregnant. And my friend (who is also pregnant) said her Dr. told her a glass of wine or beer once a week is okay as well....

So with that said, i really don't think 1 cup of coffee a day right now will make a difference.

thanks so much for replying.. and yes you do have a point there..
How long have you ttc?

We've been trying since November 2013...so not long, but it seems like forever!!! What about you?

I already know i'm out this cycle, so I'm not even counting it as a TTC cycle! Ha...we DTD once 5 days before ovulation, then the OH got horrible sick and we were not able to BD again!! Kind of ok with it though, I was not really looking forward to a Christmas baby (not that there is anything wrong with that!! But the OH and I are both already Christmas baby's!!)

awwww I sure you will have ur Bfp soon!! I've been trying since jan 2012... didn't seem like forever until this year .. I'm totally out this cycle as well

Hope you don't mind me asking...but have you been to a Dr yet? Since you've been trying over a year....

yeah its like two years already!!! and some months! I went last year... and that's when the frustration started... I never really thought that there was a problem .. we were just trying but not really focused it on.. I went by the dr and he said that everything was normal inside and it could just be a ovulation problem.. so he put me on three rounds of clomid and I was supposed to go back after that but I never did.. I got really down when the clomid didn't work.. .I'm trying fertilitea for two months and then I will go back by the dr

I'm sorry to hear it's so frustrating!! It must be maddening knowing everything is A-ok inside.....I really hope you get your BFP soon!!!!

yep if not I'm going to the dr :( I hope u get urz 2.. I'll prayer for u ;)

How's the no coffee/caffeine going hun? I've cut down to two cups today AND I didn't kill anyone! Yay!

I don't know.. I read it that caffeine can hurt your chances.... so that is why I open this thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->