Need Advice

ZandersMommy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its been awhile since I've been on here. Now I could use some advice. First I'll start off by saying I wasn't actually TTC this month. I figured it was time to take a break. By chance, I BDed around ovulation and a few days later I starting experience weird flutters and like twitchy feelings in my uterus. I played it off and figured it was just gas. About a week before AF I started having pinching feelings behind my belly button that would just come and go. I did have some cramping as well as really sore nipples (to the point where water hitting them in the shower was unpleasant). The cramps subsided but I now have occasional aches/pinches right where my left ovary should be. AF was due yesterday and she didn't show. About two days before AF I went ahead and took 2 HPTs both of which were neg. Im not sure if AF is just late or if there is something else is going on. Ive been bloated and eating everything in sight but that is a normal AF symptom for me as well. Does anyone else have any ideas as to what may be going on. I don't really want to take another test in fear of wasting money and AF showing right behind it. lol :shrug:

The most comon problem is, is most people when they get negative tests when af is supposed to show they are confused. Most dont understand it can take up to a week past af to detect enough hcg and sometimes its longer. Not often can you detect it before as everyones levels rise differently. Yes there are the pregnancy tests that can detect early, but that solely depends on the woman if she has enough of the hormone. So you will have to wait it out a few more days and retest to see. Its either af or pregnancy. Most of what you explained is very typical for both. Fx that its the result you want :)

Hiya. The stress may be delaying your period. Maybe get a frer and test with fmu... Just to put your mind at ease.

Good luck :hugs:

I'm in the same boat, ZandersMommy! Only AF was due today and she never came. HPT's are negative. Crampiness, eating everything in sight, and water hitting my nipples feels like lasers zapping them!! LOL And just like you said, this is pretty much how I feel before AF. But don't typically have cramps and no period. I've had cramps days before AF, but this time they're pretty much daily and all throughout the day for the last week. I figure if I was pregnant and feeling these symptoms then it would show + on a test. SO this is probably AF playing tricks on me/us (that bitch) LOL!

Lol thank you all! Since we werent trying this month and I really dont expect to be pregnant I wont be disappointed if Im not. AF is two days late now but maybe shes just taking her time this month lol. Still having the occassional cramp but no more BB pain. Tender belly and constantly feel moist down there (sorry if TMI). I keep running to the bathroom to see if AF has started lol. Ill be ok either way this turns out buuut a definite answer would be nice lol

The most comon problem is, is most people when they get negative tests when af is supposed to show they are confused. Most dont understand it can take up to a week past af to detect enough hcg and sometimes its longer. Not often can you detect it before as everyones levels rise differently. Yes there are the pregnancy tests that can detect early, but that solely depends on the woman if she has enough of the hormone. So you will have to wait it out a few more days and retest to see. Its either af or pregnancy. Most of what you explained is very typical for both. Fx that its the result you want :)

The majority of pregnancy symptoms ARE typical for AF symptoms as well lol that is true. With my son I found out I was preggo before my missed period. But of course each pregnancy is different. I know even though Ive missed my period it could still take some time to show on a test if i was preggers. I just hate beong caught in the unknown like this :/

Try using the Dollarstore brand of HPT. They're way cheaper that the FRER, and you won't feel bad when you take them all 'willy nilly', lol.

I usually stock up and buy 6 HPTs. They're pretty accurate too. And if by some miracle I get a BFP on one of them, I've got a "good" HPT (like a digital test or FRER) waiting for me in the cupboard to confirm it.

I should have read this thread before I posted. I have an identical situation except that I got what seemed to the start of AF but no sign of AF since.

Try using the Dollarstore brand of HPT. They're way cheaper that the FRER, and you won't feel bad when you take them all 'willy nilly', lol.

I usually stock up and buy 6 HPTs. They're pretty accurate too. And if by some miracle I get a BFP on one of them, I've got a "good" HPT (like a digital test or FRER) waiting for me in the cupboard to confirm it.

Ill definitely give them a shot lol. Ive heard good and bad things about them though so im wary. But id much rather do that than purchase the expensive tests for nothing but a BFN. Lol im just confused because im never late, always right smack on time. But yet the witch hasnt decided to show yet lol. Ill try picking up some of those and see what happens :)

I should have read this thread before I posted. I have an identical situation except that I got what seemed to the start of AF but no sign of AF since.

Hmm thats interesting. I didnt experience any AF or anything like AF was coming on but i understand. Its completely confusing isnt it? I hope we BOTH get some answers here soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->