Need advice!!

Car3116

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m new to the site here but have some bizarre news maybe someone could relate to. I took a test two days ago and got a positive, twice! Called the doctor yesterday and by the date of my last period (Jan. 24th) she said I should be 5 weeks on the 28th. I went to go get a HCG test today and the doctor called back and told me my level was only 28.2 and that I was only 3 DAYS pregnant. I don’t understand this because I’ve felt crappy for two weeks and the test picked it up on day ONE of being pregnant? I’ve had two miscarriages before so I am nervous, the doctor is sending me every other day for a blood test for the next few weeks. But still, how bizarre, anyone else have any insight?

How long is your cycle usually, going by LMP isn't always the most accurate if you don't ovulate exactly 14 days later. You don't make HCG until after implantation, so perhaps you just implanted 3 days earlier than the blood test and your only 3-4 weeks pregnant. All that matters is the levels double every couple days. Are you getting a follow up test? I wouldn't be concerned yet.

Yes if your cycles aren’t 28 days then your doc will give you a later date than if your cycles are shorter. For example with the last pregnancy my doctors estimated me 8 days farther along than I was. You’re probably fine you just ovulated later than they thought and aren’t as far along :)

My cycle is usually 30-32 days, and yes I’m getting a blood test done every other day for the next few weeks. But I just didn’t understand the 3 day thing because then she said, “you’re not even a week yet”. They know that just by the blood test?

I got pregnant after just coming off birthcontrol.If we went off my lmp I would be almost a week and a half ahead of where I am. Luckily I was using opks and knew when I ovulated making my dates spot on of what I told them.

My cycle is usually 30-32 days, and yes I’m getting a blood test done every other day for the next few weeks. But I just didn’t understand the 3 day thing because then she said, “you’re not even a week yet”. They know that just by the blood test?
My cycles are also 30-32 days. I ovulated on CD18 this cycles so I'm just considering the day I ovulated to be 2 weeks instead of going by my LMP which would put me 4 days ahead of what I know I am. I wouldn't worry to much about what the doctors say when you get your blood test and just go by the dating scan in regards to dates. They likely just mean to tell you your not as far along as you initially thought.

I agree with the other ladies. U probably O a bit later and there for only about 3 or 4 weeks pregnant.
I pray ure numbers rise when u have ure next blood test.
They don't do those tests here so I just had to wait to get to 7 weeks and I booked a privet scan because I didn't want to wait till 12 weeks for a scan as I've been very anxious because I've also had 3 MC in the past.
I know it's really worrying but I'm sure ure numbers will double and just wanted to wish you all the luck.
You can also still do pregnancy tests because as ure the HCG rises the tests will give a darker and darker and darker result.
Hope that helps.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back