Need alittle reasurrance, scared.

Fruitmash

Reaction score
I know I'm long away from having our baby, but I'm absolutely petrified that I'm going to have a C-Section :cry:
I have no real reason to be so scared, so far nothing has pointed towards me being unable to deliver naturally but I can't get it out of my head!! I really don't want one, I've never had an operation and the thought of one is scary, I don't deal well with pain and the healing is going to take a long time. I want a nice, natural birth with no complications, not to have to be cut open and have someone fish a baby from my uterus.
If I do have one, I have to stay in hospital for longer and I know this is silly but I don't want to be surrounded by strangers for three straight days, I don't even want to be with people I don't know for 24 hours. I'm alittle anti-social and get very anxious having to meet new people.
And I read all these horror stories about not even being able to be the first one to see your baby ('cause you've been put under). I'm okay with OH seeing her first, but I really want her to have immediate skin-to-skin and he refuses 'cause he thinks she'll be all gooey and messy.
I don't care about having a scar, no one sees my stomach anyway so it makes no difference, the biggest problem is the recovery. I honestly don't think I have the mental strength to go through it if it's as bad as some people say. Please, does anyone else have this fear?? Or if you have had a C-Section, was it that bad?? I know I probably won't need one, but I'm so scared I will.

Don't blame you for being scared hun, perfectly natural. But you know unless there are complications they wouldn't advise it anyway. Just look after yourself and don't panic about it. Xxx

I have not had a C section, but the chances are that this time I might have to because my last baby was a dangerous delivery. The fact is, for me, a C section might actually be safer than a vaginal delivery so I am just going to go with it and see what happens and not get obsessed or scared over it.

I had an operation earlier in the year when I had to have a ruptured ectopic pregnancy removed along with my left fallopian tube. Since then I have been a lot less scared at the thought of surgery.

If it does come down to it in an emergency, just try to remember that millions of ladies have had the operation and everything has been ok :)

Sorry you are so scared :( I might have to have one due to a low placenta. My goal also is to have a natural, unmedicated vaginal birth. However, I decided that I was going to be fine with whatever happens. The main thing is that you and baby are safe. And you should be awake during a c-section, just numb from the middle down...so you will get to see your baby! I think only in extreme cases do they have to completely sedate you. I know many people who have had a c-section, some by choice. Most women who had both told me that the recover from the c-section was easier than vaginal. Probably not the first few days, but remember that a vaginal birth is no piece of cake unfortunately! From what I have heard it takes about 6 weeks to recover from both. My friend just had a c-section and was up and moving around just fine after about a week. I know the first few days were hard for her, but by 5 weeks she was feeling good. As long as you have a good doctor, you should be just fine, and hopefully it won't come to that and you will get your vaginal birth!

im 11 days post section, no pain relief (not even paracetamol now!) i had him on 3rd at 10:29am, and was up and about by 10pm, i was discharged at 4pm-ish the next day and cathcing a bus in to town after 4 days. im not lying there is a little pain involved, but if you stick to the pain meds, take your time and only do what you feel you can, with some good support you will be absolutely fine if it were to happen. (i even reckon that it can be less painful than going natural)

so dont worry yourself.

ps. thats my second one too!!!

I am the same, I really don't want to have a c-section, but my reasons are due to my partner and his ex wife having a baby five years ago and his ex wife gave birth by c-section so I found it difficult with this pregnancy from the beginning as I 'wasnt the first to give my partner the experience of pregnancy and daddy-hood' and it upset me then I asked how his daughter was born and he said C-section so I took a big dislike to it as I want to give him something 'new' first so now Im set on a natural delivery and will feel second 'as usual' if I have to have a c-section...I know it sounds soo selfish and silly, I blame the hormones!! But my nephew was born by c-section and my sister in law was up and about a few hours after he was born, try not to worry about it, if things are going well you have nothing to worry about :flower: ps my baby is still breech at the minute which worries me...BUT I will still deliver naturally even if the baby is breech at labour!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->