Need Cloth Diaper Advice!

ClaireNicole

Mom of 1 WTT for 2
Reaction score
Okay so I'm all geared up, credit card IN HAND, to buy the new baby bundle from Gdiapers, and out comes one of my buds telling me she likes Kushies... and this is the first time in all my freakin diaper research that I have come across them!!!

I know alot of you ladies are from the UK... and I don't know if they sell these there, But Kushies are CHEAP. like 10 dollars a diaper cheap. and Gdiapers are NOT cheap and you have to buy the inserts... but everything i've read about them I've loved....

Now I'm in a tissy because I'm all ready to buy my diapers and now I don't know which kind to buy! HELP!:dohh:

personally the best thing you can do is not to commit to one brand and try a few.
you won't really know what will work well for your baby til he's here. like sposies not all nappies suit all babies.

theres a few articles in my sig which might help with some of your q's

I had some old Kushies and found they didn't wash well - went all crispy and grey and ick. Very plasticky. But lots of people like them, so it is worth trying a couple of each.

I have never tried Kushies, but I LOVE gDiapers - well worth the investment IMO. I never tried the new baby bundle though - we used disposables for the first couple weeks and went straight into small gDiapers.

The more and more I think about it the more and more I'm thinking I might not get the new baby bundle.... although I totally want to try the tiny gpants!!!!

OH is all like ewww cloth... so hes on the Gdiapers side. He drives me nuts!

How many gdiaper outsides do you think you need?

I was going to get gDiapers but heard a lot of bad reviews about them....then I was going to buy Flips and someone told me that they don't work well on newborns/small babies...so I got some Grobabys....

They're basically the same sort of system - they're all hybrids, so you can use cloth or disposable inserts. On the Grobaby packaging I have it says to get 10-12 'shells' (the outsides) and a few more inserts.... I've got 3 shells at the moment, inserts to go with them, a couple of boosters (which we probably won't need until she's older) and some prefolds to use instead of the inserts (cheaper!)...

xx

I had 8 outsides in small (the sweet bundle comes with 6 - we got one of those and two others), and I've got 9 outsides in medium. I wash the outsides about once a week, but the snap-in liners about twice a week. The outsides don't get that dirty, as the snap-in liner usually stops the poop. We haven't bought any large ones yet. You can use cloth or flushable inserts. I've been very pleased, as have several friends of mine, but as mentioned above, it may be best to try several different brands to see what you like before buying a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->