Need help choosing

Katiedw21

Reaction score
Hey all!! So I really need help choosing an infant car seat and base, I buy the stroller separate usually but cannot decide there are so many needs brands nowadays that I can't choose! I want a lighter one there are some that seem to be so heavy! With good support for baby and baby's head price really isn't an issue but I've had 4 car seats between the 5 lo I've had and there hasn't been 1 that i loved or would buy again! HELP please mama's I really want to love my car seat this time!

If price isn't an issue, 100% go with a Chicco Convertible car seat!! I loved my Chicco infant car seat and we're going with one of these this time around.

https://www.chiccousa.com/our-products/car-seats/convertible/

Ooohhh I do like that I like how it has the recline option that'd be so helpful in positioning! But hubby insists on having the carriable type we had a britax convertible with our first I loved it but he would literally unstrap the whole thing and carry it in if baby was sleeping lol it was kinda funny really but this will deffbe on my list for when baby is older thank you so soooooo much!!

We used the Graco ClickConnect brand with Alex and are looking to buy the same kind again. Not sure if you've used that brand, but it was pretty easy getting it in and out of the car, and installing the base was simple. Plus they have great safety ratings, but then again just about everything does these days. Also, they do make strollers that you can click the carseat into, and then have an attachment to convert to a normal stroller for toddlers.

We would reuse Alex's old carseat since it's within the 5 year expiration, but we traded it in for the carseat he has now, thinking we weren't going to have another baby for while...lol surprise!

You could always get a cheaper carriable one for the first 3 or 4 months and then a more substantial one. Its lovely to have the option of carrying them in the seat to start with but they are soon a bit heavy to lug about anyway.

We used the Graco ClickConnect brand with Alex and are looking to buy the same kind again. Not sure if you've used that brand, but it was pretty easy getting it in and out of the car, and installing the base was simple. Plus they have great safety ratings, but then again just about everything does these days. Also, they do make strollers that you can click the carseat into, and then have an attachment to convert to a normal stroller for toddlers.
My first travel system was a graco I can't remember what it was but I looked this one you've recommended up and that was not the one I had and well it was 16years ago that I had graco lol this one looks very good, how is the weight on it?

We would reuse Alex's old carseat since it's within the 5 year expiration, but we traded it in for the carseat he has now, thinking we weren't going to have another baby for while...lol surprise!

This has happened to us 3times more lol we keep thinking we're done and well we're on number 6 after thinking we were done since #3 hahaha but the only thing I got rid of early was my car seats I hated them so I really want to love it this time have something worth the purchase you know?

I have graco snugride 35s for my upcoming twins. Here’s the recommended list from Car Seats for the Littles. They have their review for each seat. It’s a great place to start!
https://csftl.org/recommended-seats/#rfo

You would think I wasa pro after 5 kids expecting #6 but to be honest I never looked at these things I bought what I likedthe look of or what was gender neutral I knewthe safety ratings but thank you so much for this I'm really going to have to dive in and research!

You could always get a cheaper carriable one for the first 3 or 4 months and then a more substantial one. Its lovely to have the option of carrying them in the seat to start with but they are soon a bit heavy to lug about anyway.

Yes this is what we did with the last one, but he ended up being early and only 5lb were used it untilhe was six months it wasn't horrible honestly we're not the system for the stroller but liked the car seat I'm going to have to work on my DH because I prefer convertibles I think they're easier to get a baby in or out!

Thank you all for so much response, it is appreciated more than you know I'm taking every recommendation ya'll give and really researching so if you have any more help to give its totally appreciated!!

I used the Graco snugride click connect 35 car seat with our daughter and since it's only 2 years old, we'll be using it again with this one. I like it as it wasn't too heavy like some of them and my daughter used it til she was a little over a year without hanging over the edge. It came with the Graco Modes Click connect stroller, which I loved as well. You could take the bigger seat off and the car seat clicked right into the frame. We now need a double so we were able to sell that one and use the money for a new double Graco stroller that the infant seat will click into as well.

The chicco infant car seats are great too! I'm pretty sure this is the one we had for our first daughter:

https://www.chiccousa.com/our-produ...&cgid=gear_car_seats_infant_car_seats#start=1

We're going to re-use for the new baby for the first new months and then switch to the convertible. We also have the stroller it clicks into, which is great.

How is weight on it? Is it pretty light? I've never had chicco I've had britax is that comparable?

I used the Graco snugride click connect 35 car seat with our daughter and since it's only 2 years old, we'll be using it again with this one. I like it as it wasn't too heavy like some of them and my daughter used it til she was a little over a year without hanging over the edge. It came with the Graco Modes Click connect stroller, which I loved as well. You could take the bigger seat off and the car seat clicked right into the frame. We now need a double so we were able to sell that one and use the money for a new double Graco stroller that the infant seat will click into as well.

I willlook this one up thank you!! That's really great that she could stay in it so long! I've had one that at 4 months their feet were hanging over!

It's not the lightest one out there. Somewhere in the middle, I'd say. I know Graco brand tends to be on the lighter end up we ended up preferring the ease of inserting/removing to how heavy it was - especially since we had to switch it in/out of different cars fairly regularly.

ETA: I should also mention that we used it until our daughter was a little over a year old, too, and she is a very long/tall baby!

If you join the Facebook group Car Seats For the Littles, they can help narrow your search based on budget and vehicle. Since some carriers are more compact compared to others. I know graco seats are more lightweight compared to Chicco, I wanted Chicco for my twins but I couldn’t throw out $400 for two seats so I went with graco

Thank ya'llso much forthe help input!! After so much research hours spent reading highest safety ratings compared to weight of carseat and size and allthe factors I finally chose maxi cosy micro max weighing in at 7lbs but then choosing color holy moly they have a lot to pick from!!! What do ya'll think this is the one we ordered! I thought it was unique

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180423-092158_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180423-092158_eBay.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20180423-092208_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180423-092208_eBay.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads