Need help! Empty sack 7+6 :(

Mod19,mrsmac and tag74, it sucks I know. But, let's think it about this way baby is not fit for survival so it's nature's way to keep it from growing. I know it sounds weird but, it's for may be good.

You're so right sweety. I just hope I can get healthy enough to have another healthy baby Xx

My appt got moved up to tomorrow cuz my Dr only schedules surgeries for Mondays. So tomorrow they'll do another sonogram and talk to me about what's going to happen and I'll have the d&c on Monday. My bloods were only at 41000 and should be well over 200,000 by now, so it's definitely not viable. Excited to get rid of this nausea and sickness. Anyone know the recovery time for a d&c?

Physical recovery from a D&C was quick for me. I had mine in the middle of the night at the ER - went home at 5 a.m. and slept the whole day. When I woke up in the evening I felt pretty much like myself but still tired. Slept overnight and then felt fine the next day.
Emotionally was another story. I suffered with ppd after my D&C and got on anti-depressants. My D&C was in December and I'm still taking the meds now.
So sorry you all are going through this. I've been where you are. Hold on to hope...its all we can do!

So is it something they put you under for?

My D&C recovery was pretty much nothing. I had no pain and very minimal bleeding. I was proactively given a pain medication prescription, so I guess some women do have cramping.

I was not put under for mine. I had an IV with medication so I didn't feel it, but I was awake. I forget what they gave me.

If you're going to be awake, I highly recommend asking if you can listen to music. They use a vacuum-type piece of equipment and I am so glad I didn't hear it.

Really good advice. Hopefully they'll let me have my phone and Headphones.

I'm so sorry hun, dropping in on this thread. my hcg at 4 weeks is only 55 and my progesterone only 10 :( rechecking hcg today but I already feel like I'm out.... I don't even want to do the US in 2 weeks. Idk what do you ladies think?

mod - I was under for mine. They put me right to sleep. Beforehand they did give me some anxiety medication.

I'm so sorry hun, dropping in on this thread. my hcg at 4 weeks is only 55 and my progesterone only 10 :( rechecking hcg today but I already feel like I'm out.... I don't even want to do the US in 2 weeks. Idk what do you ladies think?

Hch has to start somewhere, so don't give up hope yet! And your Dr can prescribe you progesterone to up it. Definitely go to the scan in 2 weeks

I just came across this webpage while searching for answers. I am certainly gonna wait if at all that comes as an option.

https://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com

Hcg only went up to 83 the nurse said it is most likely not viable .... But the increase my progesterone is it even worth it? I'm just devistated. Redraw again in 2 days but idk if I want to ....

Yes!! If your progesterone is low, get on it now. I did that on Wednesday and ironically my number doubled today. I don't think I'm out of the woods, but maybe that helped me.

Well just got back from my appt. The sack is measuring right on target at 8+3 but still nothing to see. I decided to wait a couple weeks to miscarry on my own. Mainly because there's a big ol cyst on my ovary they want to monitor. If it doesn't get any smaller they will remove it while they're doing the d&c. It's about 2 1/2" so well see. I go in next Thursday to see if it's shrunk or grown any. They also did repeat bloods to see what's going on there. Hopefully they will be going down and not up

Mod19, at 7 1/2 weeks I had a scan that showed an empty sac. I didn't actually miscarry until almost 11 wks and by that time the sac had grown to over 8 weeks but was still empty.

If it helps, I did it naturally and have no regrets. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, or as painful.

So sorry...can they do a MVA? Less invasive then a D&C. My heart breaks for you.

Thanks for the support ladies. I've come to terms with it and am more concerned about thus cyst bursting now. I know that I will have no baby out of this (even though I do still have a small shred of hope believing in miracles) and that's OK. It's better this way than to wish my baby was here with something wrong with them (not putting down anyone with a chromosomal abnormality). God knows what I can handle and what's best for us. It's ok. Hoping when we try again in 6 months or so we can have another healthy baby.

Plus, when I found out I was pregnant dd was only 3 months old and I was devastated that she was going to get robbed of all the attention at such a young age. I'm not ready to distract from her yet.

Mod, even I am in same boat. Just had confirmation scan and couldn't find any baby. I have opted to wait another week for D&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->