Need help! Empty sack 7+6 :(

mod19

Reaction score
I went in today because of brown discharge and they ordered an ultrasound which showed just an empty sack. They were all very kind (even offered to walk me out the back so I didn't have to walk back through the waiting room and had the blood draw lady come to my room so I didn't have to sit out in the hallway) I know the outcome isn't looking good, but I need to be sure. So here are my dates. If anyone could shed some light on if I could possibly be wrong I would love your input. Before having dd cycles were anywhere from 28-33 days with ovulation occurring from cd16-21.

June 23 - Lmp start
July 6 cd14 - had sex
July 8 cd16 - had sex
July 21 cd29 - bfp (faint, but positive)
July 30 cd38 - hcg 482 progesterone 13.2
Aug 6 cd45 - hcg 6565 (doubling time a little over 48hrs)
Today Aug 17-took a week indicator clear blue and it said 3+, so hcg hasn't dropped below the 3+ threshold mark yet

They will be calling me tomorrow with the results from my blood work, but we all, including me, are treating this as a miscarriage.

I honestly don't know much but it's always possible that you are a little earlier than estimated? I am really hoping the best for you. Hopefully the blood work comes back and they order another scan in a week.

Either way, big hugs! There are a lot of women on here who have experienced similar and had it go either way. :) No matter the outcome, keep yourself as calm as possible and maybe do something nice to take your mind off of it until you find out for sure!

I have a repeat ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm expecting the worst. Even if I'm a week out and really only 6+6, they still should have seen something in the sack. If scan next week shows nothing I'm hoping they offer me a d&c right away. I'm not in a hurry to ttc again or anything as I just had a c section 3 1/2 months ago, but this oops was still very much wanted.

It could still be early but my outcomes have not been good news with these types of dates. They called mine a blighted ovum. This happened twice=/ I hope this isn't your case and you do see something next visit. Do you know how big the sac was measuring?

No they didn't tell me a measurement and I never thought to ask. As soon as they said it was empty I pretty much knew this was it. I guess I'm just trying to grasp onto a little hope that I know isn't really there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! Hopefully your dates are off!!

Oh gosh im sorry. Im no good with the dating thing as my cycle isn't regular either. I hope that baby might have just implanted late and you oed late as well.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Are you still having symptoms?

I've been pretty symptom less compared to dd pregnancy. My arms are still falling asleep easily when I sleep, I get nauseous but not sick and am still having bloody noses, but now I feel like it might just all be in my head. I know my hcg is high, there's just no baby

Let me preface this by saying hopefully you get good news at your ultrasound, and by all means your dates could just be off:

Unfortunately, your HCG won't necessarily indicate much. My HCG was still very high and I was still having pregnancy symptoms when I had my blighted ovum, and the OB told me that my HCG would stay high until my body clued into the fact that there was no baby. In fact I had absolutely NO indication anything was amiss until I went in for my first ultrasound at 9.5 weeks and there was no baby in the sac. I chose to try for a natural MC since I was already almost 10 weeks, but after another two weeks I asked for the cytotec because I couldn't bear carrying that empty sac any longer. Who knows how long my body would have hung on. I asked for repeat bloodwork to be sure, but they told me my HCG wouldn't be dropping with this kind of loss, so it is very cruel that way.

I hope hope hope that you get great news tomorrow, but if you don't then please feel free to PM me, I have been there, done that, and it sucks. I'm not trying to be a downer, but I just wanted to give you what information I have from my experience.

I really hope your dates are just off hun!

I know what you are going through as I had the same last year. Unfortunately I did have a mmc at 8.5 weeks so I know the uncertainty and heartache you are feeling. I agree with the above post, dont go so much on hcg levels - pregnancy tests showed positive for me 2-3 weeks after mc. It is very possible that you ovulated/implanted late - I really hope so!

Please pm me if you need a chat - so many of us have been in your shoes and know exactly how you are feeling (whatever their outcome) xxx

Sorry you are going through this. I went through the same in March but for me, it didn't end well xx

I hope that you are feeling okay! Hopefully next Tuesday gets here faster for you. :hugs:

Thanks for all the support guys. I've pretty much decided that I'm just going to have them take it out when I go in on Tuesday. It's not that we want to try again (dd isn't even 4 months old yet) but I don't want to be carrying this around for another month or two as it has me feeling nauseous like I'm pregnant. Hopefully there won't be any issues when I go in on Tuesday. I'll keep you guys posted.

mod19, i am going through exact same thing. I am going in for scan on Wednesday to see what happens next.
Really hoping it to be ok for both of us.

Going through the same thing Mod19 and sweety, really sympathise.

For me, it has looked bad all along. I go back on Tuesday for confirmation it's non-viable pregnancy.

Like you Mod, I think I'll be asking for a d&c as I've still got the nausea and sore boobs. I can't go on like this for much longer, it's torture!

I have all things crossed for a positive outcome for you ladies xx

I'm very sorry for all of you as I went through that last month. I did SOOO much research on this. There is a 15% chance things turn out ok...I was not one of them. And I do wish there were some who gave me a reality check. My other issue was my HCG was not doubling...if you aren't sure of your dates...go with your gut!

My thoughts go out to all of you. It's heart wrenching.

It makes me sad that others have to go through this too. It sucks doesn't it? What's worse is that I've been so sick the last week. It's like a slap in the face each time I get sick. Like it's a reminder of what isn't there. My hcg is pretty high, and I never knew it wasn't actually the baby that makes you sick, but the placeta.

Tag74 I didn't even know there was a slight chance of all being well. I've had a bad feeling about this pregnancy from the start, and about 2 weeks ago started feeling good about it, all to be taken away. I know it happens, but it still sucks.

Good luck at your scans next week ladies. I hope for at least one of us all is well.

Just got bad news myself...HCG went from 122 to 173 in 48 hours at 4 weeks 3 days and doctor told me to expect to miscarry. This really is unfair.

Just got bad news myself...HCG went from 122 to 173 in 48 hours at 4 weeks 3 days and doctor told me to expect to miscarry. This really is unfair.

I'm so sorry. This is just one bummer of a thread isn't it? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->