Need help sorting through some things

ncmommy

Reaction score
Sorry, this might sound like I am rambling but I'd really like your opinions/thoughts on my situation.

A little background...My daughter was born in 2007 and I had no complications at all. I have since had 3 mcs with my last one just a few weeks ago. Between my 1st and 2nd mc we waited a year and between my 2nd and 3rd mc it was just a few months.

I have read that if you have 3 mcs in a row that you should stop trying and seek help. My doctor told me that we can do testing once my hcg levels go down, but that I should not expect any answers. I made an appt. with an RE at a fertility clinic but can't be seen til the very end of October. So, that would mean waiting 2 months, then doing testing and who knows how long that will take. I'm not too happy with my current doctor but know that I can probably get started on the testing right away, she would like me to wait 3 months before TTC again.

I guess my dilema is....I don't want to wait. I know I just ovulated yesterday (Monday) and DH and I DTD on Sunday but used a condom and in a way I am kind of sad as I would like to be pregnant again. I just feel SO torn!!!!

Anyone else with a similar situation? When I first found out I was m/cing this last time I was very gung ho on waiting and trying the testing but the more I think about it the less I wanna do it and just get pregnant again!

Sorry this is long but thanks for reading!!!!!!

Hi, sorry for your losses. I understand a little your dilemma. I had a MC again end of June, at the time was determined to take 6 months off, but when we didn't try the first month I felt disappointed and realised I wanted to try again. So we have tried this cycle and I am now 7dpo. I am excited that I might be pregnant again. Also after 2 MC's you get no help whatsoever, so I thought I may as well try right away. :shrug:

Unfortunately it's a decision only you can make. There is no guarantee of answers after testing, sometimes women do get 3 in a row that is just bad luck. Sometimes though there is something that needs 'fixing'. I hope you can make the decision and feel good about it, there is no reason not to try again if that is what you really want to do. :hugs: I know from my experience that the only thing that will really heal me is to be pregnant again!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you Lucy for your kind words. I hope you get your BFP soon!

Hope you make a decision that makes you happy, and your next bean sticks. :hugs::hugs:

hi hun, guess I am in a similar situ ..

I had a mc 3 weeks ago and last week had what appeared to be AF.

I have been referred to FS, and have been told I should get an appt this side of xmas. But like you, I know thats only the beginning as there will be tests etc.

So what to do to do..

Well we are ntnp, and next cycle I will be using cbfm again. I figure if I get pg, then we will see what happens and I will just defer my FS appointment (not telling them I'm actually pg). If alls well, then great. If it goes wrong again, well we have the FS appointment coming up anyways.

My friend had 2 mcs, then a baby. Then 3 mcs then a baby. I dont think having 3 means you should stop trying, but rather, its the milestone at which the nhs will send you to a FS.

gl with whatever you decide x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->