Need help understanding LH/ FSH levels?

Luckyaimee

Reaction score
Im 24 and have been TTC for 6 months, I have unpredictable/ irregular periods. My doctor has suspected PCOS and has ordered tons of blood work. I got some results back today and only got to speak with him a second (which left me with tons of questions), he said my results were what he would expect with PCOS.

Results:
FSH- 5.2
LH- 12.4

Does anyone know anything else? I don't know really what these results mean and I feel a little lost. I don’t know if this tells you whether you ovulate or not, am I considered infertile?
Thanks so much,
Aimee

Im 24 and have been TTC for 6 months, I have unpredictable/ irregular periods. My doctor has suspected PCOS and has ordered tons of blood work. I got some results back today and only got to speak with him a second (which left me with tons of questions), he said my results were what he would expect with PCOS.

Results:
FSH- 5.2
LH- 12.4

Does anyone know anything else? I don't know really what these results mean and I feel a little lost. I don’t know if this tells you whether you ovulate or not, am I considered infertile?
Thanks so much,
Aimee

I am sorry, I posted on the wrong forum, but dont know how to delete. This is my first time TTC, I have no children. I would still appreciate any responses.
Thanks

I presume your blood was taken cd2-4 ? Usually the lh and fsh are in a rough 1:1 ration, when the lh is higher, eg 2:1, 3:1 it often indicates pcos. You may need something like clomid to help you ovulate, your doctor will get a better idea of what you need with the rest of your blood tests and an ultrasound to confirm pcos x

Thank you, and my last period started July 19th(Im super irregular), my blood test was taken september 14th :/. My period before that was in the beginning of december last year, so I dont think the doctor was trying to schedule it with my cycle. So technically I guess I was on cycle day 58 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->