Need help!!

Christine1331

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So this is my first post and I'm really needing some input. My bf and I aren't trying to get pregnant but we're also not preventing it anymore. This is currently my first month off of birth control. I had been taking Necon for the past 6 months but decided to stop this month. I have had regular periods ever since I started, even while I was on the birth control. My last period was on 12/26 and I was supposed to start a new pack on 12/31. However on 1/5 I started having some brownish/deep red discharge with cramping a couple days prior. I called my doctors nurse and she said it could be the start of another period.. But it only lasted until the night of the 6th. Then the morning of the 7th I wiped and it was a super light pink and then nothing after that. According to my 28 day cycle I was supposed to ovulate on 1/9. My bf and I are very active in bed so we don't go more than a day without having sex. Now that a couple weeks have gone by I have noticed cramping on my right side that then switched over to the left, frequent urination, nausea, feeling light headed, constipation, constantly tired, and some headaches. Af is supposed to start tomorrow (1/23) and by now I should be feeling it come on (bad cramps, constant headache, etc) but the only thing I have felt is very minor cramps on only my left side. It's hard for me to even call them cramps because it doesn't hurt. It just feels like a pulling sensation? I took an e.p.t. Pregnancy test this morning and was bfn.. Maybe I'm testing too early or using the wrong test? Maybe both? Or maybe I'm just not pregnant. Any insight would help put my mind at ease.
Thank you in advance!!

First of all WELCOME! :D

Also, coming off birth control can really mess with your symptoms. My cycles bounced around from 21 days to 40+ days and back again for months before they settled down. Also, all the symptoms you're experiencing could just be things your body normally feels and does when not on the pill, it's just new to you now.

I've been tracking my cycles for a total of 9 years now in between pregnancies. I've had four pregnancies and the rest have obviously been non-pregnant cycles and let me tell you i have been CONVINCED I was pregnant loads of times from all the "signs" i've had and to be truthful the times I was pregnant the signs were no different or more or less than any other cycle.

If you've taken a test and it was negative then you're likely not pregnant. Or it could just be too early. You're having lots of sex, so just continue on in the same way and fates allowing you should get pregnant that was fairly soon. Don't get discouraged though. I was 7 months from coming off the pill to my first pregnancy and that's pretty average. :)

Good luck! :D

Welcome!

I think it's the hormones readjusting rather than pregnancy. It's still early though and you could be getting a false negative. Normally at a time when you start getting symptoms of pregnancy you get a positive. Like nausea, tender breasts, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->