Need insert help/advice please.

Kota

Mum and Preg!
Reaction score
I realised last night that I now have about 5 pocket nappies without inserts. :blush: It didn't matter when it was only 1 or 2 as i just used the insert from something else if I wanted :blush:a particular outer, but now its just getting silly as I'm restricting myself on almost a days wort of nappy wearing. :dohh:

So I need to get a few more just inserts that will work in a few different types of pockets, mainly WN, UD and a couple of Happy Dreams.

I'm still a bit clueless on the whole insert thing so what inserts would I be best going for that would fit in a variety of pockets, something a bit better then the microfleece ones,
and wheres the best place to get such items??

TIA. :flower:

Kota - fab post I wish I could help but I'm clueless still lol I will keep a eye on this though as I would be very interested in the answers :hugs:

material wise i would look at bamboo or hemp.

now i haven't used any of that particular type of nappy but i have found that the bgv3 inserts tend to be the 'typical' size and shape for most of the inserts i've found.

do you have a bgv3 or flip stay dry insert? if you have try the fit of the insert in each of the nappies. if it fits well you have a lot of options to try from. if not you might be looking a a select few.

the best place to start is the nappy manufacturers, ie the wahm otherwise places like cnt have classifieds for inserts too.

easy peasy do fab hemp inserts i think i got 5 for £10 they do bamboo as well but i haven't tried those ones. these are a standard size and shape (like bgv3) remember though bamboo and hemp both need a good deal of prewashing so buying preloved is handy in that respect. easy peasy nappies also sell direct on ebay.

My fail safe inserts are P'tits Dessous. They are slim, squidgy and absorbent and they fit in all my pockets. I also do really like WN inserts for WN nappies, worth getting IMO. I got a few preloved but even new they are worth it as they do the job and they fit nicely. I have a heap of Hemp babies little weeds which are just super handy and a small pile of microfibre cloths that are very slim, I stick a cloth and a little weeds in and that does the job.
Im wondering if, at some point, the BB bamboo inserts will become available seperately as if they did Id sell all my microfibre/hemp ones and buy them...

Yupp P'tits dessou here too, they're great :flower:

wow easy peasy bamboo boosters are the cheapest i have seen anywhere! ..... now i have to decide of to just buy those or get the fabric and make them myself like i was planning on doing lol

you could make your own, if you
have a sewing machine - out of bamboo, hemp or microfibre...or any old terry nappy ould work :)

Ellie makes them for her shop too :)

xoxo

I was going to make some for the pockets i am making anyway, but couldn't decide between bamboo or hemp?

urghg, i have no sewing machine. can't wait till i'm set up in oz and can get one. i'm going to be busy getting crafty!! might get myself a couple of wn's and a couple of the p'tits as well.

I like Ellas House hemp ones, but also second the p'tits dessous ones. Both are very slim, but soak up loads and loads

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->