Need Opinions on Names!!!!!

Courtney917

Reaction score
Okay so we are having our third boy and have thought of three names so far. We go for non traditional names, our first son is named Makhias (name of a town in Maine...spelt Machias...I changed spelling) Winter (mother's maiden name) and second is Emerson (from Ralph Waldo Emerson) Nathaniel (from author Nathaniel Hawthorne). Here's whats on list for new baby, please, please, please give some honest opinions and some ideas for middle names would be great!!!!

1) Sylas (first name of author that wrote history of town we moved from)
2) Xavier (just like name, lol)
3) Timaeus (from Plato's dialogues)
4) Sebastian (DH doesn't like this name at all).
5) Tobias (but this rhymes with my oldest son, Makhias, lol and I don't like Toby as a nickname).

I am going crazy trying to figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your thoughts <3

Ooh, your boys have lovely names! :cloud9:

1) Sylas - Love it!
2) Xavier - I like this too!
3) Timaeus - not keen.
4) Sebastian - OK.
5) Tobias - I've always loved this name! I'm not keen on Toby as a nickname either, it sounds better on a younger child or teen than an adult imho.

For middle names, how about

Horatio, Atticus, Jude, Aldous or Jasper? Think they go fine with 1) and 2).

Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks!!!!!! :) We like non traditional names, all of our friends are waiting to hear the name of this baby, lol. I like Atticus for a middle name!!I also thought of another name, Zayden....what do you think of that?

Not keen on Zayden, I prefer Zane or Jayden, but don't hate it.

How about Zev or Rocco?

Sebastian all the way! Your hubby will have to suck it up. :winkwink:

I like Jayden but I know sooo many people that name there kids that lol.

I'd have Xavier Tobias - it wouldn't matter that it rhymed then, and its unlikely to be shortened :)

1) Sylas (Personally i just think of the Hollyoaks character atm but it is a lovely name)
2) Xavier (My 2nd fav)
3) Timaeus (May get shortened to Tim? Hard to guess pronunciation)
4) Sebastian (Nice name, prob the most 'traditional')
5) Tobias (My fav!!)

I too would Choose Xavier Tobias (i would have Tobias Xavier but due to the rhyming :) )

1) Sylas- I prefer Silas. I don't like messing up spelling
2) Xavier- cute
3) Timaeus- not sure how I feel about this one, I kind of like it
4) Sebastian- LOVE
6) Tobias- Cute
7) Zayden- NO! I strongly dislike any name ending in ayden/aiden/aden. It's way to popular and trendy.

Lol Zayden was shut down by DH already, he said he knows too many Jayden, haydens etc. No go on Sebastian DH won't go for it:-(. A lot of people told me Timaues sounds too strange, I like it too...but not too sure if its a good choice,I think a lot of people will screw it up:-/. So its narrowed down to Sylas or Silas and Xavier. I'm so torn. I'm going to grill DH again when he gets home lol. Hopefully can come to a decision sooner then later!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->