need opinions:tests getting lighter or different batches?*Update PG 2*

Elsa50501

Mommy of 2!
Reaction score
Hi,

my fmu test today was lighter than control. my pm test yesterday was as dark as the control. Does this look like the start of something doomed or does the third test (SMU from today also) make this look okay again? I feel like the bottom two tests have skinnier lines which makes me think that they’re from a different lot/batch of tests. I’m not sure if I should compare them with the top at all now as the lines seem different from the other one.

Basically, I need to step away from my tests until my first OB appointment on 4/9. But until then I am a mix between positive and realist right now.

Be truthful if you think it’s lighter, it won’t hurt my feelings no matter what you think! (especially since if it’s sticky it’ll stick regardless and if it’s not viable it will say goodbye regardless)

Pardon babbling and typos, toddler pulling me every which way as I type.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 103
better picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 56
I think you're fine, they are all strong lines! Some tests are slightly more sensitive than others and concentration levels in the sample can vary as well. I always found smu to be give me a stronger result than fmu.

Congrats!

Thanks, I should add, I was constipated yesterday, strained a bit, and then had a very small smudge of pink/grey CM later that afternoon. Which was back to normal in the evening, so I was on high alert this morning from that (which is why I tested stupidly instead of doing it at 5pm like usual).

I found frer to be very inconsistant. My test line never got darker than the control line even when other tests were blazing lines. Some days they were lighter the the previous. Yours look great!

Thanks, sometimes I need to type these things out, or say them out loud to really process and be reasonable about them. The FMU test was so much lighter than the control this morning when. I first took it that it was like a test from days ago, I was sure I was doomed . I did feel MUCH better after taking the second one and comparing the photos within the time limit rather than dry to wet test. I also should have remembered that my FMU is no good. On day three of bfp, I got a BFN with FMU and then a stronger line than the day before with SMU... So I don't know why I'm even still using FMU some times at all. I need to seriously step away from the tests haha . (Is POAS addiction a disability? Is there a POAS anonymous?)

If you suddenly had a very faint line today after such a strong one yesterday it could be reason to worry but they are all nice dark lines, just not exactly the same, which is totally normal. As well as tests varying in sensitivity the concentration of your urine and other factors varies hugely too. You can't judge progression properly with home urine tests but if you are going to use them that way (and let's face it most of us on here do :)), I found you have to wait about 4 days to see a definite difference in the progress of lines. Then after a certain point tests reach the limit of how dark they can get.

If you're comparing fresh tests to dry, there will definitely be a difference in line strength. My first positive at 11dpo was light but clear, but the next FRER I did looked lighter when I compared it to the one I used the day before, but of course it was dry and the other was fresh. When compared to the fresh photo of the first one, it looked a little darker (the second one).

The dye can vary loads in them. It also depends on the time of day, some tests prefer fmu whilst some prefer later pee and this also depends on the person too, obviously. My ICs (One Step) preferred afternoon and evening, my other ICs (Bluecross) preferred fmu. FRER for me preferred fmu, but there wasn't a huge difference with those between fmu and later on.

It will also depend on how diluted your pee is, and it's also worth bearing in mind that once they're darker than the control line, if you keep using that same super sensitive test, it's likely they will start to lighten up anyway because they're not made to deal with that higher level of hormone. I found I was best using First Response rapid result instead of the 6 days early result version because they're more like 50-100mIU rather than 12.5mIU (or possibly more like 6.3mIU if you're in the US).

Also, sometimes for whatever reason, you may find a test lightening up for a day and then returning to dark again. It isn't unheard of!

Do what makes you feel more relaxed. If you have to see those line then keep testing but keep in mind that there are many reasons a line may be marginally lighter than on a previous day and it doesn't always mean something went wrong.
I lost count of how many tests I used ... got to 207 and lost count

If you're comparing fresh tests to dry, there will definitely be a difference in line strength. My first positive at 11dpo was light but clear, but the next FRER I did looked lighter when I compared it to the one I used the day before, but of course it was dry and the other was fresh. When compared to the fresh photo of the first one, it looked a little darker (the second one).

The dye can vary loads in them. It also depends on the time of day, some tests prefer fmu whilst some prefer later pee and this also depends on the person too, obviously. My ICs (One Step) preferred afternoon and evening, my other ICs (Bluecross) preferred fmu. FRER for me preferred fmu, but there wasn't a huge difference with those between fmu and later on.

It will also depend on how diluted your pee is, and it's also worth bearing in mind that once they're darker than the control line, if you keep using that same super sensitive test, it's likely they will start to lighten up anyway because they're not made to deal with that higher level of hormone. I found I was best using First Response rapid result instead of the 6 days early result version because they're more like 50-100mIU rather than 12.5mIU (or possibly more like 6.3mIU if you're in the US).

Also, sometimes for whatever reason, you may find a test lightening up for a day and then returning to dark again. It isn't unheard of!

Do what makes you feel more relaxed. If you have to see those line then keep testing but keep in mind that there are many reasons a line may be marginally lighter than on a previous day and it doesn't always mean something went wrong.
I lost count of how many tests I used ... got to 207 and lost count

I always compared the photo of the tests within time limit, the today (17 dpo) FMU one was like my 14 dpo test. My SMU one was back to normal. I think my FMU has fewer hormones!

I’ve found my FRER to be inconsistent depending on batch, all these have been taken with second morning urine but as you can see the line strengths all vary in colour.

I’d say you don’t have anything to worry about, congratulations xx

Attachments

• 10B186D6-1205-49F4-BA98-995238EC8CBC.jpg
    10B186D6-1205-49F4-BA98-995238EC8CBC.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 40
I skipped yesterday, but today I just had to check if it was lighter. Test line now darker than control. So it really was just a fluke test. I wanted to make sure it was updated in case anyone else has a minor freak out like I did,haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 35
I'm glad you had a solid test today! My SMU is stronger than FMU, too.

Beautiful!! Congratulations, happy and healthy 9 months to you my dear!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->