Need reassurance

jbeard502

Reaction score
I'm about 19 or 20 dpo and I know I should stop testing, but I just can't stop worrying given my history of having a miscarriage 16 months ago and then taking 16 months to conceive again. I know a line is a line, but I have read all over that by this point the test line should be tons darker than the control line and my tests have been about the same for over a week. Here is the test I took this morning. I need reassurance from those that have had similar tests that things are going to work out. I've asked for a Beta but won't get one until next week.

https://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s636/jennis502/2014-06/FEDB9CF2-CA06-4FF6-9EA8-E8711089A17B_zpspcjmhujq.jpg

The thing to remember is that each woman's hCG levels rise differently and they can even vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. It all depends on how low they were to start with, when you ovulated/baby implanted, and how your body makes hCG for this specific pregnancy. I've never had hCG rises like most women (my levels start lower and stay on the low end of the 'normal' hCG ranges for each week.) and my doctor has never worried. As for your lines, they look fine. Don't go by line darkness either for the reasons listed above and also the amount of the antibody stuff varies from test to test and there are other things that can affect your line darkness. In fact, those lines look like mine did at 5+2. I know this is a scary time for you. I've had multiple losses myself so I know how that fear seeps in and takes over your brain, but hang in there. Things sound like they are going okay at this moment so try and relax. Hopefully the next days go by quick so you can get in to your midwife appt and get a reassurance scan.

That test looks like the one I took when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, and I didn't test until I was 6 weeks pregnant.... Lol! I wouldn't stress about how dark it is.... Each test is different too.... The amount of dye varies.... I think that test looks awesome! It's understandable to worry about these things, but I think you are in the clear. :)

Those are great lines, i had a chemical at 4w 4d and my test line never got anywhere near that dark. Try not to worry I know it's easier said than done. I would be happy with that test and not test anymore as it can't get that much darker!

That looks like my test at 18 dpo and I was freaking out as it had not progressed like I thought it should. I'm still here and my last scan showed everything was right on target! I think you are fine!

This looks good to me!!! my line wasn't particularly dark for a long time and i'm 12 weeks now ... as someone said earlier, peoples bodies just work differently.

Congratulations and good luck :flower:

If I remember right mine looked like that at 20dpo. My test line was a decent amount from being as dark as the control line at 15dpo.

I'm sure everything is goin beautifully :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"