Need some advice about my LO and walking!

Connorsmom612

Mother of 1 and TTC #2
Reaction score
Ok so my son is 13 months old and he still isn't walking....I have tried every sort of method to get him to walk but nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help make him walk?

Please try not to stress about it. All babies and children are different and some develop quicker than others. If I remember correctly, my son didn't start walking until he was 14 months old whereas my daughter was 1.

Does he pull himself up to standing position?

I didnt take my first step intill I was 14 months old. Like leeanne said all babies are different, does his doctor seem concerned?

Please try not to stress about it. All babies and children are different and some develop quicker than others. If I remember correctly, my son didn't start walking until he was 14 months old whereas my daughter was 1.

Does he pull himself up to standing position?

Yes he can pull himself up to a standing position and he can even stand without holding onto anything for about 15 seconds.

I guess the only reason why I am so stressed out about this is because whenever I go anywhere everybody is always so shocked that he isn't walking yet.

I did hear however that it does take longer for boys to walk than girls, which makes me feel better!

I didnt take my first step intill I was 14 months old. Like leeanne said all babies are different, does his doctor seem concerned?

When we went for his 12 month checkup our Pediatrician wasn't worried about him not walking and our next appt. is at 15 months so I guess I really shouldn't worry about it until September.

My mom did say that all her kids (my 2 brothers and 1 sister) did take awhile to walk but I guess I'm just feeling pressured/stressed because of other people's reactions.

I think I just needed some reassurance from other mothers that it is okay that he isn't walking yet and that it's completely normal! :blush:

I definitely wouldn't worry, they all develop at different times. People can be total pains with that whole competitive parenting thing. We had it with teeth. There was defintely nothing I coud do about that! :shock:

Boys are definitely lazier than girls getting going. I've seen it with my two and with friends children.

Is he finger walking you all over? If he's standing on his own it won't be long before he takes that first step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->