Need some advice on formula?

Stargazer33

Reaction score
Hi ladies:winkwink: I'm very early in pregnancy but I have already decided that I want to feed our baby formula this time due to difficulties breastfeeding all my other kids.
I'm due in September but I'm wondering come spring time if I could stock up on formula so we have in the house for a while and don't have to stress with that rigth before and after peanut is born? Is it possible to do this and how long does formula usually last unopened?
I'm in the States and also wondering which brand would you recommend and one that is Mayne cheaper than regular brands?

Oh and what is your favorite bottle for a newborn?

Thank you so much in advance:winkwink:

Hi,

We also bought some formula a bit in advance so we'd be all set. We used Bebivita formula, but I'm not sure if that's available in the US. I'm sure though that any you choose will have an expiration date labeled on it. As for bottles, we were very happy with MAM.

Good luck and congrats on your coming LO.

Hi,

We also bought some formula a bit in advance so we'd be all set. We used Bebivita formula, but I'm not sure if that's available in the US. I'm sure though that any you choose will have an expiration date labeled on it. As for bottles, we were very happy with MAM.

Good luck and congrats on your coming LO.

Thank you so much Witchrose:winkwink:

I'm not sure how long it lasts unopened but once opened the tins in Australia say it must be consumed within 3 weeks from memory.

I actually wouldn't stock up too much in case the chosen formula doesn't work out. This happened to us. My son started out with traditional formula and we ended up switching to Target's Gentle formula.

Mama Moon's point is actually a good one. Unless you would have a friend who you know you could sell it on to, I wouldn't stock up too much in case it all goes to waste. We used three different formulas to start (in addition to BF) trying to figure out which she did best on. One of the 'better' formulas that is supposed to be very gentle gave her horrible reflux and projectile vomiting after every feed and it was much more expensive than the others. Had we stocked up, we would have wasted a lot of money. Why not instead of buying up a stock in advance just put aside a bit of money each month to spend on formula later when you know what's the right one for you?

As for bottles, we used tommee tippee, but we never tried any others so can't really compare, but we were happy with those, found them easy to clean and I liked the electric steriliser.

It really depends on the expiry date of the formula! The one I'm buying now is good until November 2017 unopened. I use Enfamil A+ Gentlease Ready to Feed but I believe it is one of the pricier brands. I just use it because I used it with my DS1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->