Need some advice on headaches

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
So I have been having headaches for about 5 weeks now, I got my eyes checked and sorted my prescription out, I'm drinking plenty and my BP is normal.

I visited the GP to see what else they could suggest and he signed me off work for a week as he thought it was a mixture of work and pregnancy (I work in primary which is a little stressful but nothing compared to some jobs and it's on the computers all day) my headaches were minimal to non existent last week when I was off and I went back in to work today and have a stinking migraine again tonight. I really don't know what else to do. Paracetamol won't touch them and the GP has prescribed naproxen but I'm a bit dubious about taking ibuprofen when pregnant. I really don't know what to do any advice? Xx

I'm having the same problem, and it's now been going on for 9 weeks :cry::cry::cry: they are debilitating.

I feel you, girl! I have chronic migraines and they haven't eased up at all since being pregnant. It's worse actually since I can't take anything that works for them! Tylenol, what we call it here, definitely doesn't do the job :/

Since I'm in second tri, my Dr. allows me to take a prescription drug called Fioricet, which is a combination of Acetaminophen, Butalbital, and Caffeine. I've had it before and for me at least, it's hit or miss whether it works but it's better than nothing. You can ask about it, I would presume it's available there as well.

Also, I would make sure you get enough sleep and stay hydrated. See if you can figure out if you have any tiggers that cause your headaches/migraines and try to avoid them. These can be things like loud music, caffeine, sun, stress, dairy. There are also other non medical things you can try. Napping or resting in a cold dark room. Peppermint essential oil. A massage from my DH can sometimes can help me.

Hope that helps and you can get some relief!

I have been having migraines and awful headaches - currently got one . I had them in first tri but they have gotten worse in second and more regular . I went to doc my blood pressure all ok . Doc told me to have paracetamol when I feel the headache starting & drink plenty fluids. She also said certain foods and smells might trigger headaches so keep an eye on what you are eating & smells around u .

I've not had much luck with anything, but today I'm going to buy fennel tea and see if that helps. My doc said if it gets worse she will prescribe me co codamol.

I have been having this problem in the second trimester of this pregnancy. Never had it with my first two babies. This time around I have been having headaches--the first one lasted for two weeks straight before I broke down and talked to my doctor. Tylenol didn't touch it.

My doctor prescribed Fioricet to help. It seems to alleviate them, if only for the night (and help me sleep, besides). They keep coming back, but at least I get a little relief now. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->