need some advice on starting out asap

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
ok.... i know it's wayyy early to be buying a big range of reusables,
but i've roped myself into buying them now from a website, cos she was ordering something else for me.
so i'm now going to order a birth to potty starter set...

these are what i need from a nappy...

quick drying, but can be tumble dried.
can be stored in a nappy pail to do washes once every 2 days.
100% reusable
one size so i dont have to replace when grown out of

i'm a bit confused by the range and difference in all the nappies.
i think its possible to buy a one piece nappy? but add a liner if wanted??
i really dont like the idea of towelling nappies with clips and plastic covers...

i want them to be as easy and as close in absorbency to disposables...

what do i go for and how many should i buy to start out with?

just by looking and having heard nothing about them, i like the Wonderoos?

would really appreciate this, as its alot of money for me to spend, and i haven't got clue?! but i need to order asap, cos of the other items i'm ordering ...long story :dohh:

:flower:

only advice i would offer is DON'T invest in 1 brand of nappy before baby has arrived, what works great for 1 mummy & baby can be a disaster for another baby & mummy, your best off getting 5 or 6 different brand nappies and see what works best for you when baby is here

Yep I would agree with that.

All-in-ones are closest to a disposable, but they can take ages to dry and if you want to add extra absorbancy, you have to add a booster so you have two pieces anyway.

I'd probably go for a variety of pocket nappies. They go on just like a sposie but you can add as much or as little absorbancy as you need. You do have to do that before you use them, so they take a few mins after washing, but if you want to give them to babysitters, your OH etc, you can give them ready made up and easy. Wonderoos are a pocket nappy, as are Fuzzi Bunz, Bumgenius V3s... there are LOADS of different brands and it's worth trying a few.

The more absorbant nappies have bamboo or hemp inserts for the pocket of the nappy, but these take longer to dry than microfibre. It's a balancing act really. If you go for microfibre nappies, it's worth buying a few bamboo or hemp boosters for times when you need the nappy to last longer.

thanks so much, i think i'm going to go for a few of each

Blueberry Minky Onesize pocket nappies 10% OFF
BumGenius V3 One-size pocket nappy
Easyfit nappies by Tots Bots - Fluffle 10% OFF
Pop-in nappy
Econobum
Easypeasy Bumble Birth-to-potty Nappies

i'm going for a mix of the above i think, going on whats been said.
if anyone thinks 'oh god not that one' please yell!

oh and some wonderoos

another question, some of them dont come with liners/boosters, can i buy these sepearate to use on all the nappies, or will they not fit?

sorry for all this, answers are appreciated :flower:

i am sure zara had alot of trouble with the bumble, i might be wrong, but as i said before what works for one might not work for another so might be fine for you

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->