Need some buddies 1dpo, its a waiting game!

Hi Leiaza, first of all, welcome to the thread. My friend had preeclampsia with her first and was told it would be dangerous for her to try again. She tried anyway and now has two beautiful healthy children with no complications to herself. Also she had no problems but then I have never heard that it can cause problems with fertility unless you already have an underlying problem to begin with. Wishing you good luck and hope you get your bfp soon.

On another note I would say to have a look at some of the earlier posts on this thread and you will see that the main women on here all started out having fun with their partners and taking things as they came. But you will see that there have been many obstacles that we have had to overcome and still are. its not just as easy as sitting back and relaxing for some im afraid. Some of us have been trying for years with each month bringing fresh heartbreak. So I have to say that if it were as easy as sitting back, relaxing and letting nature take its course we would have done it a long time ago.

Hey laus, I'm not sure if you're the one that would need to do this since you started the thread (or if you even want to), but do you think we should maybe move this to the LTTC thread? Unfortunetly, I think we're all under that catagory now.

So girls, I think God is trying to tell me that I should under no circumstances TTC this month. I was planning on using OPK's. I have the digital ones. I used one on Sunday and it worked fine. Tried to use it yesterday and an error appeared and nothing I could do seemed to get rid of it. So I'm just like, No big deal. We'll just bd every other day until I see my temp change. We bd Saturday (which was too early) and I wanted to bd last night.
Me: Hey, we have to do it tonight.
Hubs: Why?
Me: B/c it's that time of the month.
Hubs: Oh...oops...
Me: DID YOU JERK IT TODAY?!
Hubs: (embarressed laugh) Maybe...
Me: When?!
Hubs: I don't ask you about everytime you do it!

lol

Then this morning, I go to take my temp and my thermomter died! What the crap?! So, I guess I'm going to go buy a new thermomter just so I know when to start taking my progesterone.

omg, that is a wicked funny story bray - i mean, not ttc funny, but regular funny. i think it's great that on a normal day, you're ok with him doing that, because i feel the same about my OH, but some women really freak out if their partners take things into their own hands, literally and figuratively. but he does need to let me know in advance, for situations like these, hehe. you're hvaing quite the run of bad luck, eh? i guess just do e/o and skip all the other stuff......?
afm, cd6 today. hoping we finally have sex tonight, i feel like it's been FOREVER. also, OH is away this weekend, wont be back til cd12, so i'm having mild anxiety about the possibility of O'ing early. i dont think it will be the case, but i told him M-W-F of next week, and maybe one more if the pos opk is on an "off" day.
laus, thanks so much for updating us. you are a story of miraculous success, and keep me motivated on the chase. thank you.

Hey Rach, lol I so know what you mean, used to happen a lot. Maybe don't use the opk's but just carry on bding? Yeah hun we can move it to the ltttc thread. I think your right it does make sense :)

Hey mirolee, i hope you and dh get some good bding in when he gets back fx. will keep you ladies updated. Keep having mild panic attacks thinking things might go wrong. Just gotta keep taking deep breaths and looking forwards.

I just wanted to add about the whole "just relax" thing-- when things finally worked for us, it was definitely NOT because we had just relaxed! We were under strict orders to DTD at specific times on specific days which made things unbelievably awkward. Not relaxing at all.

Women get pregnant in all kinds of situations-- during natural disasters, while losing their jobs or homes, etc. If your emotional state was the all-important key to getting sperm to egg, then it wouldn't happen for anyone who is stressed out.

Sorry-- I'm a bit defensive. I heard that a lot in the two years we were trying to get pregnant. Laus put it exactly right-- if it was that easy, I would have gotten pregnant in the first 6 months when it was all fun and hopeful.

Anyway, I love you ladies! If you move to LTTC, I'll still stalk you all there!

Oh-- and I forgot to tell you! We found out it's a BOY! I'm so ecstatic!! Hubs wanted a girl, but he'll love teaching his little man all about technology, I'm sure! We're going to name him Riker Steven.:blue:

I just wanted to add about the whole "just relax" thing-- when things finally worked for us, it was definitely NOT because we had just relaxed! We were under strict orders to DTD at specific times on specific days which made things unbelievably awkward. Not relaxing at all.

Women get pregnant in all kinds of situations-- during natural disasters, while losing their jobs or homes, etc. If your emotional state was the all-important key to getting sperm to egg, then it wouldn't happen for anyone who is stressed out.

Sorry-- I'm a bit defensive. I heard that a lot in the two years we were trying to get pregnant. Laus put it exactly right-- if it was that easy, I would have gotten pregnant in the first 6 months when it was all fun and hopeful.

Anyway, I love you ladies! If you move to LTTC, I'll still stalk you all there!

You have every right to be and I didn't mean to be offensive to anyone was just sharing my story I am sorry if I offended anyone. My daughter actually would be my 2nd since I didn't know I was even pregnant the first time around I M/C with my 1st one I don't even know how far along I was or anything. I was having some problems with an abusive boyfriend at the time and I was sent to a rehab clinic and they asked if I did what I did was because I was pregnant. I told them I didn't even know I was pregnant she said correction you were.

No need to apologize, Leiaza. In fact, I should apologize! My post came across really harsh and I let my pregnancy hormones get the best of me.

I am so sorry for your previous loss and I hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome in this thread. Sorry!

No need to apologize, Leiaza. In fact, I should apologize! My post came across really harsh and I let my pregnancy hormones get the best of me.

I am so sorry for your previous loss and I hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome in this thread. Sorry!

No not at all I felt horrible because I didn't wanna be one of those people like that. It's so hard to tell sometimes when your typing and not talking. I feel very welcome here so don't worry about a thing =D My sister is due in December and she is a monster with her hormones atm and normally she is such a sweet heart. I think hormones just make us do silly things. Also thank you I never told anyone about my loss I feel ashamed about it.

hey Barb, WOW an iccle boy, congratulations hun. Think were finding out as well although dh is still umming and ahhing :doh:

Leiaza, a m/c is a horrible horrible thing for any women to go through but 99% of the time its not the woman's fault so please don't feel ashamed as it was nothing you did. I REPEATEDLEY asked myself the same question and tried to come up with answers as to why? It was a horrible time and im sorry to say has even took a lot of the innocence out of this pregnancy as I am constantly on edge hoping and praying nothing goes wrong. Its a shi* shi* thing to happen to anyone but actually when I spoke to friends and family I realised just how common it actually was and at least all of the women I spoke to had at least one. So take comfort hun in the knowledge that your not alone and not to be ashamed :hugs:

Ps ok so if we're moving this thread to the LTTTC what shall we call it ladies?

"need some buddies - lttc w/ success stories!" -?????

hey Barb, WOW an iccle boy, congratulations hun. Think were finding out as well although dh is still umming and ahhing :doh:

Leiaza, a m/c is a horrible horrible thing for any women to go through but 99% of the time its not the woman's fault so please don't feel ashamed as it was nothing you did. I REPEATEDLEY asked myself the same question and tried to come up with answers as to why? It was a horrible time and im sorry to say has even took a lot of the innocence out of this pregnancy as I am constantly on edge hoping and praying nothing goes wrong. Its a shi* shi* thing to happen to anyone but actually when I spoke to friends and family I realised just how common it actually was and at least all of the women I spoke to had at least one. So take comfort hun in the knowledge that your not alone and not to be ashamed :hugs:

I mostly feel ashamed for the fact I was in abusive relationship no one would believe me so I OD which the Rehab told me was the reason I M/C that's why I feel so ashamed about the whole ordeal thank you. Like I said I have told no one about the M/C and I had the M/C back in 2004.

I think that's a great title Mirolee, will look for you ladies over there as long as you don't mind me lurking every now and again?

As you came up with the title Mirolee I feel its only fitting if you start up the thread :thumbup:

It's been an amazing thread and I want to say a massive, massive special thanks to Heather, Mirolee, Rachel and Barbara. My amazing ttc buddies who I will forever be thankful for the support, laughs, courage and friendship each of you have given throughout this entire thread. Love you girls, see you over at the Ltttc thread :hugs:

here is the new thread :) see you there :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ies-ltttc-w-success-stories.html#post28750479

laus and barb, it would be great if you could put your stories on the new thread - that way the "with success stories" part has validity, ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->