Need some encouragement pls

Lesly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what everyone does to keep thinking positive or not stress out about TTC. I mean how does everyone not worry about whether they can get pregnant when they are over 35?? I am 38 years old and have been ttc for 3 months and I stress out over this constantly and worry so I need some advice from others as to what they do to not worry so much. Sometimes I feel like so sad and worry 'what if' all the time. I am so tired of this but I keep doing it. All the best to everyone :flower:

Try thinking of it as a marathon...not a sprint...
It takes women our age (late 30s) an average of 10-12 months to get knocked up...

I'm doing okay....nothing to report yet. I'll try to see if I can resend the message.

It takes women our age (late 30s) an average of 10-12 months to get knocked up...

That is a good way to see it! It does take longer at hour age. Doctor said exactly the same thing, that at our age few get PG within the first 6 months, but most get PG within a year. It could be a way for us to use these stats to allow us to think more positive.

That is a good way to see it! It does take longer at hour age. Doctor said exactly the same thing, that at our age few get PG within the first 6 months, but most get PG within a year. It could be a way for us to use these stats to allow us to think more positive.

Personally, I try not to focus on time-lines anymore. I'm well past a year, so those stats don't help me any. In fact they are depressing. I just focus on the word 'longer'. It's going to take me longer. . . . .

Hi Lesly!! :hi:

Well we've been 'at it' about a year now (give or take a few duff cycles) so I reckon I should be getting my BFP NOW!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Try not to stress too much hun, I know it's hard, it does happen for us but like readyformore says it just takes a little longer. Keep going, the game isn't over until mother nature decides :flower::hugs:

sorry I cant give you any encouragement, I had good PMA for about a year.. each period I felt dissappointed but picked myself back up and got on with the next cycle. but Ive finally hit a wall and dont have any pma left in me :nope: in some ways I should think positive and that the odds are I will get pregnant soon seeing as I havent yet. But I keep having these negative thoughts creep in telling me I will need IVF or even a donor egg. Im 39 in a couple of weeks and never had a BFP in my life and I just cant imagine it ever happening!

sorry I cant give you any encouragement, I had good PMA for about a year.. each period I felt dissappointed but picked myself back up and got on with the next cycle. but Ive finally hit a wall and dont have any pma left in me :nope: in some ways I should think positive and that the odds are I will get pregnant soon seeing as I havent yet. But I keep having these negative thoughts creep in telling me I will need IVF or even a donor egg. Im 39 in a couple of weeks and never had a BFP in my life and I just cant imagine it ever happening!

Sarah - I hear you sister, I've been here for a year too and the whole PMA thang is hard :flower:. I'm manifesting with Dmom now, although I think it's no good doing it for loads of kids 'cos at 41 that'd be a miracle!!!!!!!!!! :haha::haha::haha::haha: But please, just one little healthy :baby:, is that too much to ask???

Take care xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->