Need some friendly help

Tinkerbell124

Reaction score
I am 19 and 12 weeks and 6 days pregnant.

On the 21st of April on my 7 day break from the pill (which I don't know if I am protected during this time) I stupidly had unprotected sex with my ex parter, only the 1 time. I have been on the pill for many years and never forgotten to take it. For my 7 day break I stopped on the 18h of April to the 25th and obviously during this time I had sex.

I decided to not go back on my pill after the 7 day break and I continued having unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Obviously unaware when u could be ovulating.

On the 28th of May I had a faint positive pregnancy test - I am happy with my boyfriend and made one mistake. I'm positive my baby is his but understandably I am a little worried that I could have got pregnant by my ex during my break from the pill.

Everyone's friendly opinions on who the dad is more likely to be is much appreciated!! HElP

you are protected in your 7 day break if you took your pill properly. can you not tell be the dates? or were you with your current boyfriend while you slept with you ex?

I was with my current boyfriend - from the dates it says my last period was 25th or April - which was the last day of my 7 day break - I'm due the 1st of February so counting back it looks like I convieved around the 6-10th of may which would make it my boyfriends. Just a little worried incase the dates are wrong and I convieved when I slept with my ex

there is always the chance of it being eithers when you have slept with two people, and like you said your dates might not be exact, I think the best thing to do is wait and have a DNA done good luck :flow:

In your opinion who do you think is more likely to be the dad? Like you said I should have been protected in my 7 day break, I'm sure its my bfs just thinking about it to much! Thank you!!

probably is your boyfriend's by the dates and stuff :)! but obviously you can't be 100% have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

it's your bf's. you're still protected in the 7 days break. it's when you decide not to take the pill for the next cycle that your body starts to ovulate.
and your body realizes that you didn't take the pill only when you miss it - which in your case means the first day of your next box (the one you decided not to take at all). during the 7th day break the body still has all the leftover hormones from the previous box which slowly drop, so you get your period, and then in case you decide to continue with contraception, you take your next box of hormones which prevent your body from ovulating in the following cycle.

but since you didn't take any pills anymore, after the 7 days break was over, your body realized "woohooo no pill this time around let's ovulate"... and so it goes.
actually the first month off the pill the chances of getting pregnant are huge because you hyper-ovulate to compensate all those months you haven't while you were on the pill, so chances of getting pregnant are huge.

all this to say that it's your boyfriends.

It probably is your boyfriends. But sperm can last in a body for up to a week so unless you could of ovulated earlier within a week of having sex with the ex.. Theres still a chance. Id say 70% its your boyfriends. Does the ex know your pregnant? You should still have a dna test its not fair if he thinks he's the dad when your not 100% sure. Just relax & concerntrate on your baby for now, no good stressing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->