Need some help ladies...not sure how to ask this one!

Kellysmom

Reaction score
So, for three cycles now I've had pain and spotting during ovulation. This month, the usual pain... in fact, it was quite uncomfortable, BUT.... no spotting! I did have EWCM two or three days before the day I suspected ovulation (CD 16), so I honestly believe I ovulated on that day, but this is the first time that I can remember where I did not have spotting with ovulation pain. Has anyone ever had any experience with their bodies "gearing" up for ovulation, but then no ovulation... then go on to ovulate later that same cycle? I've read several times that it's possible, but not sure what to expect if this is, in fact, what happened. Thanks for your help ladies!!

My body does this occasionally. I get EWCM and sometimes even a +OPK, but I don't actually ovulate. This is why I chart my BBT, so I know for a fact when I do O.

hated to read and run- I'm sure this is possible as every woman's body is so unique and cycles vary. I would just continue having sex every other day until the start of your next cycle. This way you will eventually catch the egg regardless of how late you ovulate. Baby dust to you!:dust::dust::dust:

I keep telling myself that I should start temping, but since I often get pain and spotting at O time, I've managed to talk myself out of temping every month. This month my hubby has been out of town and won't be back until tomorrow, so I wasn't too concerned with knowing for sure when I ovulated. Now I'm starting to wonder. Thanks Twink.

Hey hun, the website below actually describes a situation where a girl had EWCM, a pos. opk, and ovulation pains but didn't release an egg. But since she was temping, she realized she didn't release an egg and she managed to figure out what day she actually O'd on. Sounds like your possible situation. I agree with the above poster, since you don't temp you could just BD every other day until AF and that would cover all your bases. :)

https://www.amandabears.com/heartscant-rely-just-on-egg-white-and-ovulation-pains.html

Thanks fpr the link Ash, very interesting and it confirmed what I've read before that cramping doesn't always correspond with ovulation exactly. It can occur before or after.

Kellysmom - If impossible to say. Our bodies like throwing us curve balls and change things up occasionally. It's still possible you ovulated without the spotting. Its also possible you geared up and didn't ovulate. Have you considered using OPKs or temping one month to make sure your cramping/spotting is corresponding with ovulation?

As Bass said, the more I read it seems that bding everyother day all cycle is the way to go. I know the majority of doctors say this is best and that OPKs don't actually increase your chances of getting PG.

Good luck to you kellysmom.

Wow Ash, that was extremely informative!! And also almost exactly what seems to be going on here.... my CM is completely dried up. I started thinking about it last night, and it would seem to me that if I had not ovulated I would still be having O pains. Since the pain nearly stopped the next day, I'm fairly sure I must have ovulated. Chalk this up to another weird month. Nothing seems to be right... my nipples didn't get sensitive like they do a day before ovulation EVERY month, and no spotting. Well, if anything, it's a learning lesson.... I definately can't rely on pain and spotting every month like I thought I could. I'll be getting a basal thermometer for next month for sure. Thanks everyone for your help!!!

My body does this occasionally. I get EWCM and sometimes even a +OPK, but I don't actually ovulate. This is why I chart my BBT, so I know for a fact when I do O.

WSS^^^ My body does it often as well, even when I have a regular 30 day cycle. It's a pain lol.

Just incase you didn't ovulate I'd carry on bding every other day if you can. Or just keep checking for fertile signs (CM/CP).

Hope you caught that egg!

Well, hubby gets home tonight. He's been gone for the last three weeks, and knowing I should have ovulated three days ago, I didn't think we had a chance. This could all be wishful thinking for that reason alone. Anyway, my CP has never really been a reliable indicator of anything.... but it is much higher today than it was yesterday. I've also had some pain today, but I normally get cramps on and off throughout my LP. I still have no EWCM to speak of either. I dunno, only time will tell I guess. I might spring for some OPK's tomorrow, but I don't want to waste 40 bucks on 7 of them when I can get 20 on Amazon..... Anyway, thanks again for the help ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->