Need some info for travel

ahcigar1

Happy Mother of 1
Reaction score
This is totally off topic but I figured where better to ask than a mainly UK based website. My brothers and I are currently working on saving up some money to send my parents on a 2 week vacation to Glasgow, Scotland. And the surrounding areas. We have a lot of family history there and my parents would love to see it. We are currently trying to figure out roughly how much we need to save up and so thought would ask you all a few questions. They will need to be renting a car to visit the areas that they want to see and so was wondering roughly how much gas costs in the UK at the moment? I know it is more than here in the US but what are we looking at price wise per gallon? Also in the Glasgow area are there particular streets/subdivisions/areas to stay away from hotel wise? Anybody have a good reccommendation for a good clean safe nice hotel? We don't need the ritz or anything like that, would be perfectly fine with a best western style hotel but we do want one that is in a good safe area and if they can walk to a local restaurant or shops that would be a plus. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what it's like as I've never been to Glasgow. I just wanted to say what a really lovely thing you are doing for your parents. I bet they will be so happy when they find out! xxx

Yeah I thought would be something really special to do for them and figured if got my brothers in on the deal then saving up money 3 ways would be very doable for all of us. They have always talked their whole life of wanting to visit Europe and through general talk without hinting to them I was able to narrow down to 1 specific area that they both want to see. I figured right now would be a really good time as well since both of them have been under a LOT of stress with getting hit by the bad economy and just wanted to do something really special for the both of them. And do it in time that they both can still enjoy themselves with my dad being 62 by the time we do this trip for them.

And from what I have been looking at on airline tickets there is a layover that thought would be lovely for them where they would have a 8-9 hour stay in Paris, which I figured would be plenty of time for them to go see something like the Eiffel Tower, etc. Just a a nice little highlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->