Need some opinions...

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Can i wear a black dress to a wedding? It's a pretty formal black dress so it's dressy enough. I'm just a bit worried about wearing black because it's not really done is it?

What do you think? xx

i would if i liked the dress! at my bros wedding the mother of the bride wore black!!

lol i wouldnt personally but you wear what you feel comfy in. :)

Yeah, you can! Maybe use more colouful accessories or something, but there is nothing wrong with a black dress! :D xx

I would think that black is ok, as long as its not a head to toe number that makes you look like you are going to a funeral - a bright pashmina or shoes or hair thingy will set it off xxx

id say yes

whats the dress like hun?

maybe dress it up with brighter accesories even cream or somethin x

i would say yes, and i agree, dress it up with some accessories, maybe pale pink or cream etc x

I went to my sister's wedding in black with red accessories, and she and I didn't find anything wrong with that. Plenty of people wore black to my own wedding, and I wasn't upset. I would've been plenty upset if everyone else were wearing white!

I think it's a personal choice, and if you think it's appropriate, then go for it!

i'd wear whatever i liked !!! it's my day. go for it sweetheart. xxxx

Ive worn black to 2 weddings - once was a black suit with a lovely red beaded vest & accessories & the other was a black dress with cream accessories & fascinator in my hair :)

I think as long as you arent dressed head to toe in black it can look really nice :thumpup: and its much better to go wearing something you feel comfortable in & enjoy yourself, than spend a fortune on something you're only gonna wear once & spend the whole time feeling uncomfortable xx

A lot of people have black & white themes at weddings. I was gonna wear a black dress to my cousin's wedding next week (where I'm a witness) but aren't now - nothing to do with the colour, just cos the dress makes me look like a tent!!

I wore a black suit to my cousins wedding with a black hat! Had a cerise ribbon tied around it, and a cerise pashmina... everyone commented on how nice it was to see someone colourful! Everyone else was in cream, brown or beige!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->