Need to contact the school before September

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
We ordered Holly's school uniform back in July and because they didn't have it all in at the time, they said that they would phone us when it was ready to be collected. They still haven't contacted me and it's now the summer holidays. I phoned the school and there was just a standard answering machine message with no information about the school on it. I am panicking that she is going to start school in September and not have all of her proper school uniform, especially as they don't seem to have even cashed the cheque yet.

Do schools tend to open a week or so early to get on top of everything before the kids start in September? I don't know how else to contact them other than the answer phone message I left but there's obviously no one there :|

I think the admin staff go back a week or so before. Can u go on the website and find an email address send them all ur info

Our school office staff are in the day before just. Can you buy black/grey trousers and a white shirt for going back in just in case? Or even a school dress

All the primary schools round here seem to have a teacher training day on the first Monday back in September. Check yours as I'm sure administration staff will be in on a teacher training day getting stuff ready for the Tuesday.

Not very good is it! Can the uniform only be bought from the school?

The cardigan and jackets can only be purchased from the school as they have the school logo on them but the skirts, trousers and shirts can be purchased from any shops so we will buy them soon and just hope we have the missing uniform parts soon! :)

Check Tesco the ones near us do the jumpers and things with all local schools logos on. I think you can order them online too.

Try a local charity shop, ours has quite a few bits of uniform in for our local school. Or do you know anyone with an older child in the school? Perhaps ask them if any shops stock the uniform (we have an independent local shop that stocks it too).

Lastly, have a look on the web to see if you can find an email address for the PTA, and explain the issue to them. It's the PTA that runs our school shop, plus they have a second hand shop too

I hope it gets sorted soon X

I would have thought that quite a few people are waiting for the uniform, not just you, this probably happens most years so I would imagine the school are used to it (doesn't help the new parents though!!) xx

our school opens tomorrow and the kids go back tomorrow. so id hope yours would be the same xx

My school has 2 training days before the children start and the administration staff are always in for those. We always have lots of parents in for uniform on those days.

I wouldnt worry. I tried to order Noah some jumpers before he broke up for summer and they had ran out at school and i couldnt even order them until he goes back in Sept. Ive just bought him a couple of plain red ones for now. Not as nice but they will do. He has got one left with a logo on that just fits from last year that i might try an get a picture of him on first day back in. Does Holly start the same day as everyone else? With it been her first year? Just wondered if you got a few days you might be able to sort it then?

Yes she starts the same day as everyone else, on the 5th, but does reduced hours for the first two weeks to help settle her in :)

Thanks everyone for your advice :)

The school finally phoned me today to say that her uniform is in so we've been and collected it. Just in time for starting school next week! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->