Need to lose 1-2 dress sizes!

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Hey :flower: So I am kind of emotionally attached to food, i.e. if im sad, i turn to ice cream :blush:
I was a size 16 and went down to a 10-12 about 2 years ago but since then its crept back on and now i'm at a size 14 (which have now become tight :blush:). So I have decided i need to do something about it! I cant afford to buy another new wardrobe for bigger clothes so decided that this, combined with going on my first abroad holiday will be enough motivation for me to get back down to a size 10-12 for july next year :thumbup:
I think i'm going to try do it on my own (as i have done it before) as its cheap and i just need to rely on myself which i like because weight is a sensitive issue for me :cry:
So to ease myself back into shaping up I am going to try do 30-45 minutes workouts in my house at least 3-4 times a week, and begin walking my dog more. Will also be cutting out take aways (maybe one a month but thats it!). Will not snack before meals. Will replace one meal of my day with a healthier option e.g. soup for dinner, yogurt for lunch, fruit for a snack etc.
So will let you know how i am doing :thumbup:

Goodluck....

I too am hitting my wall where enough is enough. Mine goes by weight though.

Mines is also weight I just don't want to post it online, but i need to lose at least 2 and a half stone. :nope:

I think so :thumbup: Are you a part of any support groups like weight watchers? :flower:

I've been in Weight Watchers 3 different times.

I went in when I was around 18yrs old and it worked rather well. Though I lived with my parents still so they paid for all of my food, and most of my meals were weight watchers frozen meals, which I now know are not the best choice as an every evening meal.

The second two times, now living on my own and paying for my own food, I found I lost motivation to count points. I didn't lose any weight in the 6 weeks I was in it, but I know exactly it was because I didn't count points.

I would consider going in another one, I've heard U Weightloss is a good one, I'm not sure if its in the UK.

My boyfriend however, tends to think that I just simply need to "eat healthy and excersise more".

That is the obvious fix, but it sounds a lot easier then is.

I know! it sounds so easy but when it comes to doing it it is so hard! :flower:

im going it alone too - I need to lose half a stone to be back to my pre preg weight but ideally I want to lose a stone to be really happy. I know it doesnt sound like much but i think its really hard to lose that last bit! so far ive lost a few pounds then put it back on which is rubbish. what sort of exercise are you doing?

I have been trying to ease into it by walking more, doing sit ups and just being more active in general :thumbup: i think i need to up the exerize more though but its hard when i don't ave the energy to do anything after college and placement because that tires me out so its so hard to get myself to do anything after that! :haha:
What about you? any tips?

When i lost weight n the past i did a detox - no caffene, no processed foods at all, no carbs, no alcohol I even did no meat for the first week and no smoking too. I combined this with exercise every day - exercise which left me feeling like I had done something. Its hard now with a LO cos I cant just go down the gym whenever I feel like it and when I do go I cant really stay in there longer than an hour like I would before. For me its like all or nothing, I gotta set a date and go in with 100% effort.

Yeah when i lost weight previously its when I got with my OH and I didn't like to eat in front of him at first but now i dont mind eating in front of people :haha: I think I will cut out alcohol completely until around november, then drink for my sisters birthday, then stop again until my birthday in april....Hopefully i can stick to that ! I think i may try cut out as much junk food as possible too, i like to much on everything so i think i need to address this first :thumbup:

dont think i could cut out alcohol like that! ild rather have a glass of wine than have dinner!

Lol! I prefer food haha, i dont think i will mind too much, will test me tomorow becuse im going to see jason manford live (gave tickets to oh for his bday) and we are getting food beforehand so hopefully i don't order any drinks with the meal and at least try order something semi healthy .... that or get a mccdonalds (been dieing for a McDonalds for the past week and a half :() so if i do that i will punish myself on Saturday by exercising and i'll make my OH come as moral support haha :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->