Need to talk?

My last pregnancy they told me it was twins at 7 weeks, I was shocked and my hubby was so excited. It was not meant to be however but you can't blame us for wanting two when it's taking so long to have 1 lol. I'm right there with you!

Hi, everyone! May I join? I've read through this thread and you ladies are exactly what I need right now! I'm 30, been married for 9 years, have a son (8) and a daughter (5), and have been wanting a third child for over 3 years now. Long story short, my first two were easy to conceive and this one isn't meant to be for some reason. I'm healthy, have pretty regular cycles, have a 12-13 LP, and know when I'm ovulating by observing CM, using OPK's (not all the time as they drive me crazy), and ovulation pain. The only thing that's changed is my husband is on anxiety meds (he's doing great and feels great), and he can't always "finish." He also hardly ever wants sex (he used to want me all the time), but wants a baby and we have a wonderful relationship. That being said, I've expressed to him that I know it's the meds, but when you don't want me it hurts. He knows that and said he'll make a better effort (as will I), but that hasn't panned out, no matter how hard he tries. And I don't push anymore because I know it hurts him as well. We kind of had sex around ovulation this cycle, but not much sperm made it inside me. I'm wondering if I should even bothering testing CD 13 or 14, but that little part of me wonders, "what if?" I'm probably about 8 DPO.

Ramble, ramble, sorry ladies. We might try IUI this coming cycle. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, everyone! May I join? I've read through this thread and you ladies are exactly what I need right now! I'm 30, been married for 9 years, have a son (8) and a daughter (5), and have been wanting a third child for over 3 years now. Long story short, my first two were easy to conceive and this one isn't meant to be for some reason. I'm healthy, have pretty regular cycles, have a 12-13 LP, and know when I'm ovulating by observing CM, using OPK's (not all the time as they drive me crazy), and ovulation pain. The only thing that's changed is my husband is on anxiety meds (he's doing great and feels great), and he can't always "finish." He also hardly ever wants sex (he used to want me all the time), but wants a baby and we have a wonderful relationship. That being said, I've expressed to him that I know it's the meds, but when you don't want me it hurts. He knows that and said he'll make a better effort (as will I), but that hasn't panned out, no matter how hard he tries. And I don't push anymore because I know it hurts him as well. We kind of had sex around ovulation this cycle, but not much sperm made it inside me. I'm wondering if I should even bothering testing CD 13 or 14, but that little part of me wonders, "what if?" I'm probably about 8 DPO.

Ramble, ramble, sorry ladies. We might try IUI this coming cycle. Good luck to everyone!

Sounds like iui might be your best bet. Though for that your hubby would need to perform on demand and with his meds not sure if that's a problem? But you gotta get sperm & egg together somehow and that's probably your best chance.

Laurana: My husband, for some reason, can perform on demand in that way, but not the intercourse way (I hope that makes sense). I have no idea why. I guess guys are more complicated than I had thought:) It seems like I've spent so many years trying not to get pregnant, and here we are....I hope IUI works (husband seemed willing, but we shall see).

I am here to talk if you need it, I sure do, I am new to this. My husband and I have been trying since November. I have not had a period since January, tested Feb, Mar and nothing. Found out April 1 I was pregnant. April 3 I had a MC and I was hurt, I thought I did something wrong. I then went April after my MC, May, and June with out a period. The doctor put me on Provera the end of June, I got my period! I was excited. They told us to start trying again. Well did blood test today and it was neg. I have no friend that understand this, none of them have kids or are trying at this time. I talk to mu husband but he says " its ok babe we will have one soon" it is so positive about it but yet I still feel empty and sad inside. I need the female chit chat about these things! Thanks for letting me ramble

I am here to talk if you need it, I sure do, I am new to this. My husband and I have been trying since November. I have not had a period since January, tested Feb, Mar and nothing. Found out April 1 I was pregnant. April 3 I had a MC and I was hurt, I thought I did something wrong. I then went April after my MC, May, and June with out a period. The doctor put me on Provera the end of June, I got my period! I was excited. They told us to start trying again. Well did blood test today and it was neg. I have no friend that understand this, none of them have kids or are trying at this time. I talk to mu husband but he says " its ok babe we will have one soon" it is so positive about it but yet I still feel empty and sad inside. I need the female chit chat about these things! Thanks for letting me ramble

Yeah... That being positive all the time thing drives me :wacko:
I feel rotten but sometimes I even get angry with him... Sometimes I'm jealous of how relaxed he is too though. But anyway... Please vent here anytime. It's good to get it off your chest and its even therapeutic to read others vent too - we're all in the same boat :)

I'm officially in the TWW: I went in today for a scan and trigger. On Thursday I had two 18mm follicles, one 19 and one 13. Today I had a 25mm follicle on each side and a ton of littler ones. The doc said I had already ovulated at least 1 egg- so she triggered to hopefully get those other 2 big ones and we did the iui this morning. I'm a bit worried about hubby's count though because we didn't abstain as we weren't planning iui today. But I guess it's good we did BD yesterday since at least one egg is already out there. I felt like I was Oing yesterday - pinching on both right and left sides - but had a negative opk at 3pm. I THINK my timings been off all along - if I'm Oing before I get a positive opk I've been wrong in waiting to BD on the opk day.

Please cross your fingers for me!!!! I think this month should be a good one! :happydance:

Any updates from any of you?

Ooh, good luck Laurana! I hope you have one (or more) sticky beanies in there! :)

I have AF coming. I'm 12dpo and my temp dropped to coverline today. It's OK though, my hubby picked yesterday to tell me he's really having misgivings about having another one. (Uh... OK?) So I think we're waiting for a few months.

Ooh, good luck Laurana! I hope you have one (or more) sticky beanies in there! :)

I have AF coming. I'm 12dpo and my temp dropped to coverline today. It's OK though, my hubby picked yesterday to tell me he's really having misgivings about having another one. (Uh... OK?) So I think we're waiting for a few months.

Stress of ttc gets to our boys too... I just often forget that because its ME doing all the work and taking all these hormones. A man's role is pretty much just to perform when told to... But that's stressful too. Especially when your performance is graded with sperm counts and such. Usually times like this call for date night and relaxing. :)

Yeah... his worries are more about how high risk I am and the stress of having another. We'll keep talking about it, but a month or two break won't kill either of us. :)

Yeah... his worries are more about how high risk I am and the stress of having another. We'll keep talking about it, but a month or two break won't kill either of us. :)

Haha... You're a stronger woman than I. I think I'd go insane if I had to take a break. I'm more than a bit obsessed. :haha:

So still no sign of AF, I know she's on her way tho... I'm so sure I'm gonna open a bottle of chilled white later!

I started taking pregnacare conception after my CP, and I've since been reading that these vits can delay O and therefore the witch... So I'm not sure what to think! I did have an abundance of EWCM on 19/20 July.... But I do remember having EWCM the week after too, around 26th... So who knows!?!?

So in summary I could be late because

1. I O'd late due to vits!
2. My slipped disk experience might have affected O!
3. My body is still retuning itself after the CP
4. I'm pregnant!

xxx

So still no sign of AF, I know she's on her way tho... I'm so sure I'm gonna open a bottle of chilled white later!

I started taking pregnacare conception after my CP, and I've since been reading that these vits can delay O and therefore the witch... So I'm not sure what to think! I did have an abundance of EWCM on 19/20 July.... But I do remember having EWCM the week after too, around 26th... So who knows!?!?

So in summary I could be late because

1. I O'd late due to vits!
2. My slipped disk experience might have affected O!
3. My body is still retuning itself after the CP
4. I'm pregnant!

xxx

I vote for #4!!!!!! :lol:

But really your chemical could have thrown everything way off and had you ovulating later... You're definitely still in the game. :thumbup:

Well if I did O later... Then we haven't a hope... We BD'd on 15/16 and 20th July... So if I didn't O till 26/27....

Well if I did O later... Then we haven't a hope... We BD'd on 15/16 and 20th July... So if I didn't O till 26/27....

Ohhhh... Yeah... That'd be a problem. Hmmm... I guess time will tell. :shrug:

I have a question:

If I have a good lining (10mm), AT LEAST 3 good eggs with a trigger shot, BD day before O, IUI the day of ovulation + BD after IUI, then BD again day after O, how in the world do I only have a 20% chance of a BFP?!?!

It seems like it should be WAY higher. Im really having trouble wrapping my brain around the stats... It feels like it should be almost a sure thing, ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->