Need to vent....

Honeymooner

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhh! I'm going to scream! My MIL is driving me bonkers this week!

My IL's are staying with us this week as my FIL is redoing the hardwood floors in the nursery with OH. But MIL is going to make me jump off a cliff!

- Please stop talking about all the things you've bought for your house. The baby doesn't need clothes, a playpen, a stroller and a high chair just for your house. You live 3 hours away! How often do you think they will be used. And FYI I am all the baby will need for the first 6 months so that high chair isn't even usable for the next 10 months! My parents live there too, so we will have to bring the pack'n'play/stroller anyways so why buy one?!?!

- Stop making plans!!!!!! Or at least consult us. After working 8 hours I don't want to come home to find you've made plans for the evening and then cry when I don't want to go. Sorry I don't want to eat in a restaurant notorious for food poisoning but I'm the one that could lose a baby if I get sick. So stop the guilt trip with the whole "well I should just go home" and "nothing I plan is ever right" Plus as a stay at home person (can't use mother anymore) all your life, you don't have a clue what it's like to work 8+ a day at a high stress job all while being extremely exhausted all the time. So don't try and tell me how when you were pregnant you went and did stuff....because if I sat on my ass with my first pregnancy like you then maybe I would have the energy to do stuff!!!

- Yes my head hurt. No it hasn't stopped. Yes I've taken tylenol but I can only take so much. No I can't take anything else for it. Yes I'm sure. No tylenol hasn't done a thing for my headaches in years. Shut the heck up!!! Your constant chattering IS NOT HELPING!

- Yes, I'm sure I don't want dessert. We just ate Chinese take away 5 minutes ago! I'm full! I'm not being stubborn or selfish for not eating the cheesecake you bought today for dessert! I'm honestly just full. It's freakin' chinese food! Wait 30 minutes and we will all be hungry again and can enjoy some dessert together.

- And stop the paranoid, afraid of a girl thing! I know you raised 2 boys and loved it. I know your boys are unusually close to you, but girls are nice too! Your just afraid that now that I'm pregnant I'm starting to rely more on my mom and your worried about the future. You already proved how crazy you were during the wedding planning that my mom might take presedence over you. So you decided to make me feel more close to you by wearing white?!? And yes now that I'm pregnant I feel closer to my mom. She's a nurse and I have a lot of questions. I've known her all my life and frankly don't feel comfortable talking to you about some things. There is different relationships, Mother's and Sons might be close but my mother is close to me too. If I want her in the delivery room it's because we have a bond. She's also a nurse. She's delivered babies. She gave birth to me. It's not all about you! I'm not shutting you out but I might just not want you to be there at that time. I might not even want my mom there, but she'll understand and not cry about it. Oh, and by the way even if you think you'll be waiting in the waiting room, you won't be able to come in right away. I'm pretty sure I've said that I want a couple hours to rest and clean up and bond, but you can remind me all you want of how you think you'll be in right after she's born....

She's driving me to my breaking point. At this point I don't even want her anywhere near my little girl, let alone practically raising her as she seems to think she will. I feel so much better after letting all that rant out, especially seeing as I can't say any of it to her face!

This post makes me glad my MIL isn't a psycho control freak. I'm sorry hun :( Just remember, you're the mommy and you're in control and what you say WILL go.

If you need a torch and pitchfork, I've got spares and have no problem helping to run a problem parent out of town. ;)

So sorry that you are going through all of this. It is amazing how crazy OTHER people get about our pregnancies. I think sometimes it completely overshadows our own craziness.

WOW she sounds like a pain in the butt!!!

I don't understand why MILs think they will ever come out on topof our own mothers. I mean, granted some women have better relationships with MILs than their own mothers, but thats not something to expect. Omg, the idea of having my MIL in the delivery room gives me a nauseous headache. If she ever gave me trouble about why my mom would get to and she wouldnt....there is a difference between MOTHER and MIL! I mean, I wouldnt want her staring at my gaping vag!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->