• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

need your help mums. Sick toddler?

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Im a little worried about my little girl. Yesterday morning she came down with a sickness bug. She was being sick most of the day and during the day slept for about 4 hours. she was taking water.
in the evening she slept from 8 until 8, then since then she has only been awake for maybe an hour and a half. When awake she is alert and taking milk and a small amount of toast, but the amount of sleeping she is doing is worrying me.

Im a little worried of ringing nhs in case they have to tell me to bring her in. The hosp is an hour away and as my hubby is on an all rig im thinking she will find the drive very hard as she hates the car when she is feeling well.

Im not too worried as when awake she is alert and keeping fluids down, but the sleep??? is this normal?

Thanks ladies x

oh and she doesn't have a temp

I think its quite normal hun, when toddlers are ill they do tend to sleep alot. Aslong as she is drinking when she does wake up id try not to worry, maybe try waking her up every couple of hours and making sure shes getting her fluids. If shes still the same on tomorrow and your worried then id phone up nhs direct or your out of hours doctors, or wait till monday and just take her to the gp surgery.

Hope she gets better soon ! xx

Thanks very much. If she wasn't drinking I'd have her straight in but as she is im not too worried. hopefully she is just sleeping it off x

You could always give them a call, and if you tell them there is no way that you can get in with her then they can send a Dr out if they are really worried. I think it is normal for them to sleep a lot when they are poorly and as long as she seems alert when she is awake and is not difficult to wake then she is probably just sleeping it off, but no harm in calling them to check it out. I hope she feels better soon!

Hey hun,

As long as shes drinking fluids it should be fine. My toddler has had a sickness bug twice now (probably transmitted through the nursery she goes too). On both occassions she slept all day and all night and was back to herself a few days afterwards. Hope things get better x

seeing as shes keeping fluids down and she doesnt have a temp I'd say shes ok x

Thanks ladies. Well just had the worse nappy ever. Basically just water, never seen one like it...Been awake for a bit but back sleeping now x

That's exactly what's going on with my LO. Today is day 3. It's a lot better. She only had halfway water poop this morning and she seems to have gotten part of her appetite back.

If your LO is drinking fluids, I won't worry about it.

I wouldn't be concerned unless there was blood in her stool or she had a very high temperature. Children sleep a lot whilst they're ill - bodies heal whilst we sleep.

As long as she is taking fluids, she'll be fine x

Well last night was bad. Up all night with tummy pains and diarrhea. she hadnt been sick in about 24 hrs until this morning when once again the sickness has returned.
i spoke to nhs 24 who told me to give her milk if she wont take water, well the milk came right back up "sigh"
Im exhausted.....up all last night and about 2 hrs sleep the night before, being 5 mths pregnant does not help. Wish hubby was here but he's on an oil rig and my mums 6 hrs away "cry" just hope she's feeling better later and sleeps tonight xx

Well last night was bad. Up all night with tummy pains and diarrhea. she hadnt been sick in about 24 hrs until this morning when once again the sickness has returned.
i spoke to nhs 24 who told me to give her milk if she wont take water, well the milk came right back up "sigh"
Im exhausted.....up all last night and about 2 hrs sleep the night before, being 5 mths pregnant does not help. Wish hubby was here but he's on an oil rig and my mums 6 hrs away "cry" just hope she's feeling better later and sleeps tonight xx

Oh hun im sorry she still sint any better :( did she have much to eat yesterday that could of made her sick again? When they have a bug they say to 'starve' the bug is the best way to make it go, a day or 2 without food wont do LO no harm aslong as you make sure she is taking enough fluids. I know with maisie sickness bug as soon as i started to give her food again she would just get sick all over again.

It must be awful for you not having no help. Are there no friends ect around that could step it for you for a little while? x

hi,

most of my family and friends are in england. I have some here, but not close enough to ask and risking them getting the bug too.

Today she is slightly better but have the doc coming as still coming out of the bottom end and she's very tired

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"