Needing to produce more from one breast

DollPosse

Reaction score
My babes are up in the NICU and are exclusively tube fed. I have been pimping milk for them. My one breast always yields great results, but the other one is quite pathetic. My right breast will only pump less than or up to half the amount of the other. What can I do to help produce more from the right breast?

Thank you.

I don't know if there is anything you can do :( If so, I'd love to know! My right side produces about double what my left side does!

I think it's quite normal. But I see you have twins, so it's probably important for you to want to have adequate milk in both breasts, so perhaps you can try pumping longer on the right, maybe an extra 10 minutes or so. Even if there's nothing coming out anymore, you're still providing the signal that more milk is needed.

Thank you ladies.

Right now I am keeping up and making a stash for the twins, but I'm thinking about the future.

i called a breastfeeding consultant about my issue and mentioned how one breast will produce about 50-75ml and the other 20-30ml and they said that it was normal- one always produces less. you should try making a call too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->