Needle and thread predictor

wantingmore

Pregnant with baby #3
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever done the needle and thread over the wrist or palm as it supposedly predicts how many children you will have, the gender, and what order you will have them in. It's sort of an old wives tale. Anyway, I have 2 children with my late husband, a boy and a girl. When my friends do the needle and thread test it shows a boy (my son), a girl (my daughter) and then it does a girl and without stopping goes into a boy (which is supposed to predict twins). Wouldn't it be cool if this really works?? Anyone else ever tried this?

no i have not tried it but i will give it a go tonight

how do you tell?

Thread a needle and with your right hand, hold it above, but very close to the palm of your left hand. Don't swing the needle...it will move by itself. If it swings in a straight line that means a boy...if it swings in a cirlce, that means a girl. It will stop swinging in between babies. I have heard that it will be still longer if the children are spaced a few years apart. If it goes from one gender right into another it predicts twins or the babies may be born close together from what I have read. I don't know how it would predict twins of the same gender. Let me know what y'all find out!!

My friend swears by this. She has four children and it has always been correct for her and she has done it for other people and only been wrong once - when she predicted my middle son was a girl lol!

I'll try later and let you know what it does for me.

Gemma x

oooh, how exciting. Will try this myself later....

Ok we did it
I got a line followed by a circle very close (dd1 was a twin we lost non identical twin at 12w and 2 days) then i thought it had finished but started again in a circle DD2 is 5 1/2 years younger than DD1 then it stopped then started again in a straight line then it stopped dead. i will get my friend to do it in the morning just in case hubby was manipulating it. good luck to the rest of you

:dust: Trish :dust:

Darn it, why dont I have a sewing kit in work :( :rofl:

think it might work with a paperclip and yarn??? lol

thats all I have at work :(

hi there, i was wondering if somebody could help me. i have been reading up on the "needle and thread" trick. i have tried it earlier this evening. when i hold the needle and over my stomach it swings from side to side really quickly. however when i hold it over the palm of my left hand or my wrist it starts moving in a circular motion. this is my second child and already have a 4 year old daughter. can anybody tell me what this means?

Hi all, I have been going crazy trying to determine what my readings mean. I have 2 boys already, which the test has predicted. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and had a miscarriage in July. My readings show circle, circle, line and then a line in the opposite direction with a line repeating in the same direction as the first line, then follows with a line, line in the opposite direction and immediately into a circle. I have never seen this on others we have done this on. With my recent MC, my husband dreamt I was pregnant with twins and this pregnancy, I have dreamt I am carrying twins. I will keep you posted once we confirm # of viable pregnancies. If anyone has already experienced this.... please do share!

Ohh saw this thread and just had to try it lol, I got straight line followed by a circle without stopping between so i'm guessing that means twins of each sex. Tried it twice and got the same each time. Obviously I don't know if it really works as I have no children yet but there are loads of twins in both sides of my family so I'm guessing there's a good chance I could end up with twins. Oh well only time will tell :) x

i got a circle then the circle got bigger then went straight into a line then stopped then start circling small then a line and stopped this happened over my palm and over my belly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->