Negative in the morning clearly positive at night (as dark as the control line)

zephyr

Mum of 5!
Reaction score
Last Wednesday I got my BFP was faint but clearly there so I rang my doctor to schedule an appointment for this morning. I collected FMU and they did a test which came up neg (I swear I saw a very faint line but went with their conclusion) Spent the rest of the day distraught and got bloods taken which I get results for tomorrow.

Couldn't handle the wait and was not convinced of the doctors result so I got the same brand doctors use and re tested after holding my pee for about 2 hours. Anyways the line showed up immediately, after a minute it was clearly there, at 3 minutes it was as dark as the control line.

So what the heck happened? This is the second time I have been told a negative result by health professionals when I have in fact been pregnant.

I know my bloods wiill be positive tomorrow, I am not doubting whether I am or not, I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if they know why? I always thought FMU was strongest. I'm kinda confused and a little annoyed that I spent the entire day thinking I was miscarrying again or even worse.....imagined the whole thing!

Well sadly some GP's just don't want the hassle that comes with their jobs - they send you on your way without bothering to think how it might affect you. I say change GP. Your bloods should definitely come back positive so don't worry x

Gp tests are low sensitivity a lot lower that home tests so it will take longer tO show pos with the doc. Congrats!

yup what she said above.
All my urine tests came back negative and inconclusive yet here I am clearly pregnant!

Thanks guys, well got my bloods back today! 265.5 they said! So definately preggo. They said they are unsure about the tests and put it down to a dud test. Very strange! And a lot of unecessary worry! Just goes to show you can still get negative tests when you are very clearly pregnant.

I was using the same tests docs use so I don't think it was the sensitivity, just maybe a dud test or maybe FMU didn't work for some reason?

my fmu and smu are ALWAYS much lighter than my evening urine.
alot of women have this actually so i dont know why they say fmu is the best.

congrats!

Actually at the docs office they watch the test for a minute or so, then if they dont see something they chuck it. so they never get the chance to see a line

Its really strange isn't it?!

And yeah I noticed they chuck it very quickly! Why do they do that? They must send away so many confused and distressed people by doing this! At least wait till the 3 min mark and if they not sure send for bloods or something. I had to almost beg for a blood test!

yep because they are dumb!!! and wow what a nice beta number for you, I'm sure the nurse has to feel somewhat stupid when that happens like wow I told her it was negative.. hahaha!

They are suppose to set at timer. I worked at the lab at our local hospital and we set a timer for the test. However if we think we see something we automactlly order HCG QUANT

They used to time it, but since they changed brands of tests I noticed they don't now which is odd because even the instructions with the new ones say you need to time it!

Yes she felt very silly! I left the place crying with her saying "ya know its okay you can keep trying, don't give up it'll happen, just not this month"

And yeah I was stoked to hear they were good numbers! I'm just glad we have it all sorted now!

Thanks heaps everyone!

Congrats :) I actually didn't even have to do a test just called a ob after my positive and said I have got a positive pregnancy test and they set up my first appointment :)

my doctors did that too me with my son. i got 2 positives as soon as the pee went through the test. went to the doctors they said my urine was negative. then i went to the hospital like 4-5 months later for a weird rash on my skin and they did a pregnancy test and told me i was preggos. the next day the doctor office called me up and chuckled saying u must of bought your pregnancy test from a different store than we did.

If I worked in a dr. office where the preg. tests were performed... everyone would be leaving there pregnant, I almost always see a line! LMAO!!

Same here.
The nurse would just dip, wait for it to reach the top, then chuck it away even before the dyes clears off!

yup what she said above.
All my urine tests came back negative and inconclusive yet here I am clearly pregnant!

This thread is unbelievable!! I am 15 dpo, after 2nd iui, and got a neg home test yesterday morning.
Reading this stuff gets my hopes up.

Hiya i had 3 positive hpt on july the 28th and negative doctors urine sample and pregnancy blood test, but went back last week because i still didnt have my period since the 28th june and had to do another pregnancy urine test which has come back positive but im ringing up tomorrow for blood test because there more accurate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->