Negative Materniti21 tests but thickened nuchel fold

carstep

Reaction score
Hi, I had the materniti21 done at approx 11 weeks which came back negative for all abnormalities. Had my 20 week scan where the baby didn't cooperate, but one of the only things the girl (who couldn't even tell me if it was a boy or girl when it was clear as day on the screen) did get was the nuchel fold which measured 7mm and I guess 6 is the cut off. She was unable to get everything they needed kidneys, heart, nasel bone, etc and I now have to wait until the end of July for a repeat scan. I will love this little guy no matter what, but to say I'm not worried would be a lie. Has anyone had anything similar and what was your outcome.

Not simular because my babies neural fold has always measured normol and all my scans have been normol and no markers for downs found.
But way back when I had my first screening test at the hospital at 12+6 weeks where they do a scan and bloods.
The scan was perfect with neutral fold being 2.0mm but my blood came back 1 in 33 for downs.
I refused the Amnio. And waiting for my 20 weeks scan was torture.

I've had several scans now including the 20 weeks anomaly scan and a growth scan at 24+5 weeks and everything is perfect.
But it doesn't completely rule it out.

I won't know for sure untill he is born unfortunately.
We have booked a privet 4d scan at 30 weeks so I'm hoping that goes just as well as all my others and I will feel so much better.

I know its hard and I totally know how worrying it is.
I do know that blood tests are not 100%.
I've been told I probably got a false positive because of my age and that's all I'm hoping it is.

I declined the Amnio. We had decided to keep the baby even if he did have it so I didn't see any point in having a test done that can potentially cause a miscarriage.
We had 4 miscarriages last year so it was out of the question.

The tech u had does sound a little inexperienced tbh so she may of got the measurements wrong.

Sorry I know my situation is a bit different to ures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->