Negativity from midwife

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I went to my midwife appointment today (extra one as Anti-D) hadn't been ordered for 28 week appointment.

Well my doctors surgery hasn't had a permanent midwife since my 8 week appointment so this was my 4th midwife out of 4 appointments, but the lady I saw today is due to be my permanent midwife.

I went in and everything was going well until she saw my notes that i wanted a home birth. She processed to give me every reason under than sun why i shouldn't have one and then told me if i was still going to try they aren't a "childcare service" to look after my toddler in pregnancy I was furious.

She then looked at my notes and saw my daughter was 9lbs 12oz born. And said oh have you had this test as your daughters size is worrying :saywhat: i've had 3 other appointments, 2 normal scans and a stay in hospital and extra scan after a fall. At the extra scan baby was measuring a week ahead and i said is that worrying to doc and he said no they'd be worried if was small due to daughters size, no reason for extra tests ect unless fundal height ect measured big. I told her this and she reluctantly checked rules to find out my daughters weight in KG doesn't result me needing the GTT test.

She was really negative about my homebirth and i came out feeling like i wanted to cry, and now feeling really negative about my homebirth. As she was questiong why i wanted one, as was like oh it doesn't mean you cant go in if there emergency (well im not stupid) and then was like oh the midwives come from miles they might not make your homebirth and you may be alone.
I rang the midwife team to complain and they giving me a new midwife, it means going to different doctors for midwife appointments but that doesn't bother me, as i spoke to midwife on phone and she was really nice. She seeing me at 32 weeks (extra appointment to get to know me) and then she is doing my homebirth check at 34 weeks. She was really upbeat about homebirth but i still feeling really crappy.

Just wondering if you ladies can help give me some positive thought again as right now I've really been put off my home birth and really for no reason, and i said that i wasn't going to let anyone put me off this time. :cry:

:hugs:

Pay no attention to the first midwife. It's great that you have a new one and the chance to know her.

I only met my midwife the day I went into labour but she was lovely. If you find a good one before your big day, so much the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->