neighbours smoke fulling my house ...

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Ok my house is kind of strange, we are detached but next to us is an old work shop, our house used to sell the bread and the workshop used to be the bakery, so although we are detached, our basements were once connected although they are blocked up now.

Anyway, whenever they are there they burn stuff and the smoke gets into my house and sets off my fire alarms and sinks out the house.

Do I have any rights? or do i just need to live with it?

I'd contact health & safety to see where you stand babe z

Contact enviromemtal health see if they can do anything.
I had a problem in my old flat of people smoking drugs on thier balcony and it filling our livingroom and EH where brilliant, they sent the police round to stop them

Thanks guys, we need to call them too as the back of their property which goes right up to our back door is over grown and last year full of rats, not seen any this year ... yet.

Im pretty sure that a dwelling has to be individual, for fire risks etc. So if their smoke is getting in then that means if there was an actual fire it would spread to yours very quickly. Deffo contact EH and also the council to check regulations.

We have issues with food smalls and smoke coming into our flat from the downstairs neighbour the council say tough, put carpets down and that will solve it............no it wont as the smell comes out the wals where they punched holes through to run electric cables!

I would imagine you would have some rights if it is setting off your smoke alarms! Smoke is a health hazard, unlike food smells. (I feel you pain on that one, though, Abz - we have the same issue at our place and it drives me nuts when my house starts to smell like fried onions! :sick: )
Definitely call and report it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->