Nervous…. Gender scan

mum2liam

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just to say that i am so blessed and grateful that I’m able to carry again and all is well so far, which is the main thing x
I am 16 weeks and have a gender scan tomorrow.
I am a mum to 5 boys and they are the best things to ever happen in my life and will always be precious to me, i wouldn’t change them for anything.
The reason i am having a gender scan is to prepare me mentally if its another boy, as awful as that sounds i would love to have a daughter, and I’m terrified of feeling disappointed if its a boy… although i know the feeling wont last long the guilt of feeling it is just so sad.
I am no means ungrateful but its impossible to stop yourself feeling the way you feel.
We have also not told anyone, including my boys, because i cannot deal with the “are you hoping for a girl” comment.
Im kind of just venting as knowing others feel this way is a little comforting xx

Hey all,
Just to say that i am so blessed and grateful that I’m able to carry again and all is well so far, which is the main thing x
I am 16 weeks and have a gender scan tomorrow.
I am a mum to 5 boys and they are the best things to ever happen in my life and will always be precious to me, i wouldn’t change them for anything.
The reason i am having a gender scan is to prepare me mentally if its another boy, as awful as that sounds i would love to have a daughter, and I’m terrified of feeling disappointed if its a boy… although i know the feeling wont last long the guilt of feeling it is just so sad.
I am no means ungrateful but its impossible to stop yourself feeling the way you feel.
We have also not told anyone, including my boys, because i cannot deal with the “are you hoping for a girl” comment.
Im kind of just venting as knowing others feel this way is a little comforting xx

Bless you huny. I think your feelings are totally normal and you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to experience a daughter. That doesn't mean you're ungrateful at all. I've got 2 boys and 1 girl & due our team yellow baby next week & I still get people saying "ahhhhh you'll be wanting a girl won't you, 2 of each?" I'm just over people's comments at this point I'm genuinely not fussed either way if we have boy or girl but that's because I already have both. I totally understand how ur feeling x good luck with your scan hun I truly hope u get your girl x

Hey love just wanted to pop in and say gender disappointment is a real thing, with my fourth everything was fine I had this deep down gut feeling it was a girl even took my only daughter to the scan as she wanted a sister, so went to the scan all happy to be told it was a boy she cried so I cried :cry: as we got further on in the pregnancy I did eventually get over the fact he was a he, I felt so down and guilty for having the gender disappointment that when he came and I saw his little face all that melted away and I don't live him any less xx

Don’t feel guilty about gender disappointment it’s such a real thing. Doesn’t mean you won’t adore this baby if it’s a boy as you already know it’s more of a grief for what you won’t experience with a girl. Good luck for the scan tomorrow I hope you get your girl.

Agreed! Gender disappointment is real. Someone on here told me something that helped put it in perspective. You have a dream/hope, which is healthy and normal, so when you find out something different you have to grieve that dream before you can enjoy the reality. The analogy they use in SpEd is that you packed and planned for a trip to Paris but your plane landed you in Rome instead. It’s very brave to get the scan if you know you may need time to process a 6th boy. It’s not about you. It’s actually you making sure you’re ready for your baby the day they are born. People assume loving your baby or child is always easy or natural. Sometimes, it’s hard. Hugs.

Thanks ladies for all your lovely comments
I always have room in my heart for another boy, if a girl is not meant to be then its not meant to be, i will be gutted, but grateful that my baby boy is healthy and get over the upset so i can go on to enjoy the anticipation of meeting another son ❤️

Hope all goes well in scan today lovely lady xx

Good luck for the scan it’s exciting either way x

Awww atleast he is healthy and it is ok for you to feel gutted love just the part of being a mama xx

Congratulations. This baby will make me a mom of 8 boys. I do also have 2 girls but seems to make a lot of boys :haha:

Awww congrats!! Glad all looks good and you feel better than you thought you would.

So i got my answer lol
Mum of 6 boys.
All looks how it should do, healthy boy
I feel a little gutted, but not as bad as i thought i would xx

View attachment 1113590

Been thinking of you darling. Its totally OK to feel a little gutted but I'm glad it wasn't as hard as you prepared for x massive great big hugs huny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->