Nervous about 7 week scan - share your good experiences please!

Oswin

Reaction score
I had a bit of brown discharge, and a couple of spots of blood (very little) at 5 weeks, and my doctor booked an Early scan for me. It's taking an eternity to come :dohh: and I'm getting more and more nervous. I just can't imagine actually going and seeing a healthy little bean in there. I'm trying SO hard to stay positive, but struggling.
Would love to hear about your early scan successes! :thumbup:

I had one at 5+1 nothing but gest sac at 6weeks had 2 intances of brown spotting only when wiping... a week after that 7weeks seen baby measuring 1.11cm and heartbeat fkickering away... Dont worry so much hun, easier said then done. Good luck hun!!! Keep updated..

I had one at 5+1 nothing but gest sac at 6weeks had 2 intances of brown spotting only when wiping... a week after that 7weeks seen baby measuring 1.11cm and heartbeat fkickering away... Dont worry so much hun, easier said then done. Good luck hun!!! Keep updated..
Thank you!! And I will do. I'm just nervous about a mmc.

Had my first scan when I was 7wks+4days and baby was there, healthy and heartbeat. Everything will be fine!! Your little bit of bleeding or brown discharge is coming from your vaginal area, not your cervix or uterus. It's caused from your body producing more blood now and its totally normal. All will be just fine! If you have bad bad cramps, with dark blood and clots, then I would be concerned. Otherwise, enjoy and relax. GL!

Hello Oswin!

I'm also booked in for an ultrasound when I hit 7 weeks (next Thursday) for a dating scan again as my dates were way off from what I thought and HCG wasnt lining up with what i thought my dates were.

I had one at 5w5d and she could see a gestation sac and yolk sac but she was pretty quick with everything and it was abdominal.

I also has bleeding before I even got my BFP and continued to spot afterwards which was for about 10 days total. I spotted red, pink, brown, very dark brown. Although I did with my first pregnancy as well and actually spotted all the way through with him. Which is probably why I don't freak out when I see some spotting.

I'm still kind of nervous like you, I'm always nervous with ultrasounds. Crossing my fingers for a growing baby!!

Keep us posted! I'm sure everything will be fine!

Thank so much you two :kiss: My ultrasound is Thursday too! And mom2chloe that makes me feel better!!

I had a scan at 5w4d and saw just a sac then 2 weeks later at 7w4d I say sweet baby, heartbeat and yolk sac!

My first scan is 7+1 next Thursday too x I've had 3 pregnancies now and had scans at 8 weeks with all of them because I had private scans. The first one measured perfect and nice strong heartbeat. She's now downstairs watching Gruffallo ;) I felt sooo much better after that. The next one measured 6+6 at 8 weeks and dispite reassurances from my mw and the sonographer it ended in a mmc at 12 weeks and the last one measured perfect and she grew perfectly until 20 weeks when we had to make some very tough decisions. Int experience the vast vast majority are fine and if baby is measuring about right and in the right place and there's a heartbeat you really can afford to relax xxx
I'm with you all the way!!

Thank you munchkin. Good to know other women will be going through the same nerves on Thursday! I'm going on my own so I'm uber nervous haha. Can't wait to hear xxxx

I am 6 weeks 3 days and last night I had bright red bleeding. I freaked out and went to the ER. They did a scan and there was a gestational sack and a good hearbeat of 106 and my hcg was 22000 which is apparently in range of normal. So now we're in a wait and see. I am so freaked out I'm going to bleed again and lose the baby but the doc said I should relax because there's nothing that can be done about it if it happens. :( Easier said than done!

Doc said bleeding in first trimester can be normal shifting of placenta/baby etc and that's probably what it was. He also said the heart beat was a great sign and that he was hopeful. Good luck and crossing my fingers for all of us.

Oh Ecoden you must have been terrified, I'm so glad all was okay, and you got to see your wee one! <3 xxxx

Hi oswin. How are you feeling? My nerves are really starting to kick in now. Just need to keep same today. What times your scan?

Hi oswin. How are you feeling? My nerves are really starting to kick in now. Just need to keep same today. What times your scan?

Hey Munchkin, been wondering how you're doing :) I'm just living day to day, counting down till the scan (literally! I have a countdown on my phone!) not sure if I'm still sane or not :rofl: My scan is 2:50pm, yours?

It's 8.45. Will be good to get it out of the way, although I'll have a full day of work afterwards whatever happens which makes me rather nervous! I'm off today so trying to keep occupied. Nearly fainted at the gym. Oops.

It's 8.45. Will be good to get it out of the way, although I'll have a full day of work afterwards whatever happens which makes me rather nervous! I'm off today so trying to keep occupied. Nearly fainted at the gym. Oops.
Eep I'm jealous yours is so early! Is anyone coming with you?

Yes ohs coming. I don't think he'll ever dare miss a scan after he couldn't make it to my last 20 week scan!

Hi Oswin & Munchkin! I have my first scan tomorrow as well at 7 weeks! I'm very nervous and excited. I pray for a healthy little bean and a strong heartbeat. I booked this scan more than 3 weeks ago and now it's almost here. I have to keep calm and get through the day. My scan is at 12h30 so I still have to work in the afternoon.

Ohhhh good luck Susy! Let's make sure we all three come and update on here!

Eek! Welcome Suzy. Yes we'll all update. I think mines first isn't it? Are we all uk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->