nervous! Glucose Test!

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Hey, just sitting here bored in waiting room getting nervous. I have my one hour glucose test in a few minutes!
my wanted to wait til 28 weeks because he really thinks I may have GD and "didn't want to miss diagnosing it." due to scheduling I'm now 29 weeks as of yesterday. Baby is big but that is all the doc is going by to base his assumption.
I HATE the taste of that orange drink. Just dreading it now and getting nervous. No point really, just nervous and bored.

Good luck! I had the orange drink too, and it really wasn't too bad. More like bland Gatorade. I just gulped it down quickly. :) I hope by some chance you don't have GD, BUT, if you do.. you'll still be fine!

If you can see if they can give you the lime one or just ask for the clear one. As I am not sure if it is lime. Tastes like flat concentrated sprite. Not too bad. If you start feeling ill try walking around a little. If they let you. It helped me feel better.

Just drank it. They have a new one, fruit punch. It wasn't near as bad as the orange gunk i remember. It was like a really super sugary sweet fruit punch (one of those fake fruit drinks, ugh!) but not as bad as the i remember. Now I get to feel baby go crazy!
how many of you had baby moving during/ after the test?
my lo goes crazy if I eat half a candy bar!

Oh I was in the same boat for mine! But I was more nervous for a selfish reason. I had been craving sweets like crazy since getting pregnant and have been much too quick to indulge that craving lol. The thought of no more cookies or cupcakes made me almost want to cry. Thankfully everything came back normal. I'm sure you'll do just fine! One thing my midwife told me is as long as you feel relatively normal after drinking it, that's a good sign. It's when you start to get shaky and lightheaded that there may be need to worry about your results

One thing my midwife told me is as long as you feel relatively normal after drinking it, that's a good sign. It's when you start to get shaky and lightheaded that there may be need to worry about your results

that's funny. With ds#1&#2 I felt just that way, shaky, tired and lightheaded and all was good. This is my third and I was surprised to find out that all I had afterwards was a headache and a little tired. (kinda like coming down off a sugar high)

Fingers crossed for you. I've had to have the test because of my big babies too but it's been normal each time. I just grow them big. When do you get the results?

I only know that they will call if anything is abnormal. Otherwise I should get the results when they are posted on my online account about3-5 business days.

I had mine a couple of weeks ago (the drink really is yucky!). I had it because there is diabetes in my family and baby was measuring quite large. After the drink I was shaky and light headed but got the results from my midwife and it all was fine. I've always reacted like that to sugary drinks though so it wasn't inexpected.
Hope you get good results too!

Had to have this done twice, was SO BORING sitting there for 2 hours!
Hope you get good results x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->